Author Topic: Mounting Red box  (Read 11243 times)

Offline DMAMotorsports

• DMA Motorsports
Mounting Red box
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:51:45 pm »
Is there any theory to how the red box is mounted on the fire wall? I was at a track a few weeks ago and a bunch of guys had them mounted up and down with the wires straight down. thoughts?

Anthony K.
DMA Motorsports

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
Re: Mounting Red box
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:53:25 pm »
doesnt matter that I know of. However, make sure you mount it using rubber grommets. This helps reduce vibration to the electronics.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline DMAMotorsports

• DMA Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:43:48 am »
ok I will pull it off tonight and remount.  I have a whole pile of extra wire hanging behind the motor does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean this up or is it best to just to leave them strapped up between the firewall and motor.
Anthony K.
DMA Motorsports

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:10:03 am »
I would leave enough wire for vibration, but cut off the "whole pile" of extra wire.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »
Be careful when cleaning the wiring up, if I remember correctly per the INEX Rule book you can't wire tie the stator wires with any others, also you can't wire tie any wiring to fuel line.

Dan

Offline Legends16

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »
Be careful when cleaning the wiring up, if I remember correctly per the INEX Rule book you can't wire tie the stator wires with any others, also you can't wire tie any wiring to fuel line.

Dan

Good to know Dan, Ill have to recheck mine and check out the rulebook.

Eric

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »
43. IGNITION SYSTEM: The complete ignition/engine control system must be the original OEM parts for the Yamaha FJ1200/XJR1200/XJR1250. Electronic throttle (traction) controls are not permitted. In-line fuses only are permitted (no fuse blocks are permitted). Ignition pickup coil wires must run directly to the ignition box and may not be taped or tie wrapped to other wires. No open wires or unused connectors allowed within reach of the driver.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline DMAMotorsports

• DMA Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:03 pm »
Ill have to post a picture of what I have for a mess hanging there. It isn't bothering nothing right now but it scares me a little that they are all hanging above where the drive shaft meets with the engine coupler.
Anthony K.
DMA Motorsports

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »
Try and route your wiring neatly and then bundle them together neatly with ty wraps, It sounds like you are using an Inex or factory harness that has a lot of extra wires, especially if you have no gauges. Seperating them so the routing is neater and the bundling them will make them appear neater and tied up.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212