Author Topic: Springs  (Read 10162 times)

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
Springs
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:12:03 pm »
We have our legends at a set up guy's shop, and one of the first things he noticed was that two of our springs were too light.  He had me order a 185lb. and a 225lb. this morning from 600racing.  Now can someone tell me why before I sound like a complete idiot to him. (I'd rather sound like a complete idiot to you guys.)   ;)

-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline DARK AGE 53

Re: Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 03:52:26 pm »
Are they for the front, if you're pushing in the corners I would say that's why he's having you order some different springs. The guy who set up my son's car did the opposite to your problem, he installed too heavy of springs for the front ( 275 RF and 250 LF ). I've installed a 225 in the RF and have a 200 coming for the LF, hopefully this will cure the push. One thing I've learned about setting up these cars, if you ask 10 different  people a question you will get 11 answers...maybe more  ;D.

Al
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline T48

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:39:14 pm »
*L*  I believe it, Al.  I know that set up is different for every track, and I don't know where this car was ran before we bought it.  But this is a guy who's been setting up legends since they came out and also he used to teach people how to drive them on the track we'll be on.  He taught me a little yesterday just taking it over to him -  mostly that I didn't know jack. *L*  Set up has been almost completely out of my realm of understanding, and that's what I have to learn now.  Everything else is ready, and set up is all that's left for me to feel stupid over. (I hope)  ;D
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 06:53:48 pm »
My guess would be that they are for the rear end.  We run 185 on the LR and 200 on the RR.  225 is also for the RR.  I have been told to try the 225 on the RR when the track starts to tighten up at night.

Offline Shawnben

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:21:17 pm »
Are you guy's running on pavement with those setups?

Offline T48

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:16:06 am »
Asphalt, yes. 

Tom, we'll see how ours is when it gets back - this man really has a history with these cars.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 03:23:18 am »

Try loosenuts.com    also    legends-auto-racing.com/tech2.htm
 There are some suggestions on starting points and setup.
 Hope this helps

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 12:19:56 pm »
Guys,

Also remember you can work with any setup in the car as it sits, before you go changing springs put you car on scales and see where it's at from there. There are several things you can do at the track to help with handeling issues, first and formost is making sure the rear end is square, because without that, all the adjustment in the world won't help if you have the rear end moved one way or the other.

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:38 pm »
I run a 130 and 160 in the rear, I have found that there is no secret to springs just driver prefrence.

Offline Tjar

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:57:57 pm »
Darkage, could you tell me why stiffer springs in the front will help a push on entry.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 07:03:44 pm »
If you have a push on entry to the corner than you will want a softer right front or a stiffer left front spring.

Geoff

anything