Author Topic: oil cooler setup?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline slack11

oil cooler setup?
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »
Is it possible to run just a cooler off the back of the engine with the remote oil filter puck in a loop, and cap off both side ports off the oil pan? 

Do you need to have something connected to the side of the pan, or can it be capped off?

Offline knoxracing

Re: oil cooler setup?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »
You do not need anything from the side of the pan.  The three port remote uses the forward pan port to boost the pressure, the rear pan port is a return port. Some people used the pan ports for top end oiling but again you can cap them with no problem or loss.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline slack11

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:39:51 pm »
Thanks for the help... This always confuses me, and I can't ever remember the exact right answer.  Can you tie the side pan out to the remote oil filter if the oil relief valve (? not sure if that is right) is not shimmed?  Do you have to be sure it is shimmed to tie the two systems together, or can you just do it anyways and all will be well.

Thanks a ton for the help, I appreciate it.

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:14:22 pm »
We have for several years ran the three port remote filter on sealed engines that had nothing done to shim anything. I have installed these on LOTS of  engines and never had any oiling problem.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212