Author Topic: High Idle  (Read 13372 times)

Offline Earnst85

Re: High Idle
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »
The ends are a nice bonus in that kit, but the hose lines just slide down over the vacuum stems when you remove the caps. So for our purposes, you won't need the ends that come with that kit.

I like them becuase you don't to deal with liquids like in other kits.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline snapper

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:26 pm »
I had the same issue when I started Legends racing. The issue turned out to be jet sizing. After talking to Hank Scott, he pointed me in the right direction. The pilot jet was  increased to 42.5, air jet to 160 and main jet  to 120/122. These sizes work great up here in the Great White North (Canada Eh!) I tried all of the previously mentioned tips to no avail. Hope this helps :D  Cheers Bob

Offline riptide60

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:50 pm »
Make sure the carbs have been synced by someone who knows what they are doing first off.  Do not mess with the 2 screw jacks between 1&2 and 3&4 those are for synchronizing only. If you have older carbs very good chance the throttle arms and pressure springs are worn and also the slide spouts on the carb body's can be worn too.Regardless any time a motor is cold aswell as the carbs the idle will be low until heat had built up on both if you just choke the motor and hold the choke till when u touch the cylinder and its hot to touch then let choke close you will have a base for idle you can not set idle while its all cold have to have temp. The manifolds also have caps on them you need to check and make sure all are capped . Again if carbs are worn out that could also be the issue as it is very common.  You can also send your carbs to a builder  .  There are several guys that are good. Ken Joyce . Curt Andrews. And Hank Scott. Majority of racers use Hank we do an have for years. They are in ours and majority of ppl the best for all of engine needs. But he synchronizes customers carbs and also makes a dyno run with them so you know how good your carbs really are. Carbs can very up to 7hp. Hope that helps and you get it figured out rip up the track - Rip

Offline snapper

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:41 pm »
Any updates? ??? Hope you have things all worked out!

Offline Ironhyde

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 08:23:20 am »
Update-  well I got the carbs to sync, but was still having issues. So I broke down and sent to Hank Scott, and all I can say is wow, cleaning and jetting correct for the weather (hot & humid) made big difference. The thing idles and rev's like a champ.  Now I just need to learn how to set up suspension, and not be so timid when I need to pass someone.
Thanks all for the responses!

Offline snapper

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »
Hank is the MAN!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 08:26:43 pm »
Hank Scott has a set up manual also. He offers updates as things change; And is available to chat with about your particular situation.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything