Author Topic: Trailer leak  (Read 9704 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Trailer leak
« on: March 30, 2014, 07:21:20 am »
It has been raining all weekend and went to the trailer and it has a small leak in the front corner. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to use to patch it. I would like to put something on the whole roof to bring down the temperature and seal it at the same time. I know that I will never buy a black trailer again. Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline racer0x

Re: Trailer leak
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:06 am »
Usually its one of the seams that leaks .Any good quality urethane caulk will work

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:36:30 am »
I'd just get up there and caulk all the seams so you wont have to chase a different leak later.
They do (I believe) make roof rubber compound in white or grey, but you'd be adding weight on the top of the trailer.
Personally, I'd just fix the leak.
Maybe add a couple side vents to keep air from heating up in the trailer
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:40:34 am »
It's hard to says what's leaking. I put some sealing tape on all the seams then painted it with a rubberized roofing, white of course. Don't forget to ask for your Military discount; Camping World, Lowes or any other place that sells roofing paint.

Robert

Offline amp racing

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:57:12 am »
I have done this before... at the camping-trailer store they have seam sealer.. best for this job because of the sunlight and heat from the sun..

joe

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 01:08:34 am »
This is what we have used on many trailers & RV roofs over the years. My only recommendation is that you have to scrub and the scuff the roof ensure a good bond. We make sure all joints are clean and the flat portions are scuffed via red scotch-brite pad. The white also helps reflect heat and it us available at most hardware stores.

http://www.henry.com/roofing/coolroofcoatings/whiteroofcoatings

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:15 am »
I found the leak and caulked it. Then went down to my local ACE hardware and bought some stuff called Cool Seal. I was able to get it on clearance for $10 a gallon and two gallon. It was over 60 degrees yesterday so was able to get the first coat on. It looks great and should really help with keeping the trailer cooler on those hot summer weekends. Thanks for all the suggestions and tips.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything