Author Topic: Seat type  (Read 16746 times)

Offline Legends16

Re: Seat type
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 12:26:39 pm »
I use a Kirkly non containment seat with a single shoulder support on the right side and I pad the left side wall with SFI padding. In my situation I don’t have the room to mount a shoulder support on the left side. Right now I have standard bolt on kirkly headrests but at some point Ill make the switch to this;

http://www.rrpinc.com/catalog2/head-rest-piece-universal-p-5067.html

Its stronger than the Kirkly L-bracket style headrest.

I’m running this seat because it’s the one that came with the car. Ideally If I do this long enough Ill make the switch to a Lajoie seat when my budget allows. IMO they are among the best and safest seats out there, stronger and more durable than the economy style seats. I had another racer tell me my seat wasn’t safe enough to do what we do and while I don’t necessarily agree with that we do agree that the Lajoie seat is much safer seat. It’s just not in my budget. The Lajoie seats start around $1200 and hold their value very well if you were to sell it.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:10 pm »
That is very similar to the "halo" head support system that I have for my seat. Much nicer than the bolt on head restraints that look like the shoulder bolt on stuff.
Seats and restraints are worth what you put into them. As I've told some; "If you have a $5.00 head, then buy a $5.00 helmet".
New full containments seats are expensive. Worth the money if you ever have to put them to the test!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 07:08:03 pm »
lajoie lajoie lajoie lajoie lol i'm only saying this because I've put one through the test and was fine, I agree there more expensive, but there are used ones out there which are cheaper.

Dan

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 10:55:21 pm »
Dan,
You put every safety system through the test at nationals.  Just glad you were ok after that hit!

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline Legends16

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 07:20:02 am »
Agreed Dan, that was ugly, glad your ok.

Used one's seem to go fast and take some time to find. They are out there though.