Author Topic: Double shear trailing arms  (Read 9037 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Double shear trailing arms
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:35:28 am »
Has anyone installed these yet and it would have been nice if the gave the dimensions of the correct placement. Also what is the thickness of the material ?

http://www.uslegendcars.com/documents/legend_car_rear_trailing_arm_double_shear.pdf

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Earnst85

Re: Double shear trailing arms
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 11:53:20 am »
Has anyone installed these yet and it would have been nice if the gave the dimensions of the correct placement. Also what is the thickness of the material ?

http://www.uslegendcars.com/documents/legend_car_rear_trailing_arm_double_shear.pdf

What would have been nice is if they announced this during the winter when people still had the cars tore down. Now that my car is built, guess I'll put them on the list for next year's "upgrades".
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »
If you break one of these on asphalt you can start your rebuild shortly after it breaks...most of the time anyway.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »
If they gave you the dimensions and material thickness, you wouldn't need to buy the kit from them.
Of course, I'm told that our "local" dealer isn't stocking them anyway...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »
wont be hard to make jim was just looking at just get diamitor of lolly and take lines to frame make a cardboard template
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »
We still need te gap distance from the lollipop face to the tab face that is "allowed" by INEX.  And need room for spacers.

All I know is that the left rear tab will probably be impossible for me to put in. As it is now with the lollipop, a 1/4" spacer, heim end and then bolt head, I cannot get the bolt removed from the lollpop without loosening and removing my 16" seat (the bolt head butts into the side of my seat before the bolt is out of the lollipop threads).

If I add the tab, that just increases the length and room I need to get the bolt in and out. My solution will probably have to be to drill out the lollipop threads and use a perfectly (length) sized bolt with a thin jam/nyloc nut.  Or I could cut a hole in my seat for bolt head access. ::)

Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »
If you break one of these on asphalt you can start your rebuild shortly after it breaks...most of the time anyway.
Cost us a front and rear clip, plus axle, plus rear housing, plus.................

Robert

anything