Author Topic: Re-Sealing 1250  (Read 21002 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Re-Sealing 1250
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 02:47:42 pm »
The AR is awesome, I love it, glad we have it. Would be cool to see asphalt guys on a slick too, but that will just make the faster guys faster, and have more people cheat.
Keeping up with the Joneses (no offense to Tommy or Andy  ;)  )

Just saying that in my opinion, the easiest way to police a class like this is to put them on crap tires like they did from the beginning.
There will always be ways to cheat, absolutely, but try to cheat with Road Runner tires from Fleet Farm...you're not going to hook up.

I'm glad they are doing something, if nothing else it should stop all the "he's got a cheater motor" whining at the track.
If you think it's a cheater motor, pull out your $100 and protest it.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 02:59:01 pm »
The Federal Tire sucks!

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »
Dennis, tell us how you really feel... :)

I actually much prefer the Federal. I was happier than a Camel on Wednesday when they got rid of the BFG....
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline Legends16

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 04:20:46 pm »
Just saying that in my opinion, the easiest way to police a class like this is to put them on crap tires like they did from the beginning.
There will always be ways to cheat, absolutely, but try to cheat with Road Runner tires from Fleet Farm...you're not going to hook up.

Very true! For the last race of the year I put in an 1100 stock bike motor in my car for the road course at NHMS. It was all I could afford. Anyway the rain came for the feature and I beat many cars that had sealed and open motors. Hp was taken out of the equation for most part, racing the track was key. I loved it and this rookie got his first top ten finsish.  ;D

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »
Exactly, and congratulations on your first top 10
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »
How about a real race tire and made in 'merica' ?                                I'm ducking at this point

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »
A real race tire wont help the engine situation, it will make it worse, as the cheaters will be even faster.
They need to fix themselves first, before adding new elements to the equation
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
Ummmm.... Topic is re-sealing 1250 engines.
All this has been covered. Check the old threads. All there.
Off season is always the time to go rounds about rules. We (Average Joe Racer) don't have any say so. Sorry! Just the way it has been over the years I have been involved with the Legends Cars. Dirt guys; INEX won't give you the time of day. Those that run pavement; You have a slight advantage there. Sorry.... Just what I have seen over the past years.
This site is not political. It is meant to be an informational and educational site. For the most part, I think that is what happens here. Lets get back on the engine seals rule.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 08:07:02 pm »
before the Federal tire you had to be a driver and set up was important. Now the Geicko Camel could drive one these cars. Its like going to the u-rent go kart track. You have to cut them to nothing to free the thing up throughj the middle and get bite off the corner. Piece of junk!

knoxracing

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:45 pm »
Oops sorry, didnt see ur post. Hey I think everyone is being nice and its good conversation. No politics meant on my behalf guys!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »
I know that Dennis. This time of year, everyone tends to get caught up in rules (that aren't even out yet). They always tend to be late. Nothing new.
Just saying that this thread is supposed to deal with "Engine Seals".

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 01:53:15 pm »
I think there is something that nobody has talked about.
Why couldn't someone have seals made duplicate to the USLC seals and just put them on?

And don't tell me this is too far fetched, I have personally seen Titanium driveshaft parts and titanium hubs (that looked exactly like the cast ones), so don't tell me with the right amount of money I couldn't reverse engineer the seals and have someone (maybe the original manufacturer) remake me seals?
I could cut the old ones off, mess with the motor and put "new" seals back on and they would never show tampering?

Just saying, I have seen guys with more money than god run these cars, when you have a $300k rig to haul your legends around you have enough money (and contacts) to get custom stuff made......(not that I think every wealthy person cheats)

Having worked in different R&D and Fabrication facilities I believe anything can be done, for the right price.  If someone says it can't be opened, gotten around or done I just laugh.....to myself of course.....in my head.....  Cheesy

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:53 pm »
2 words. Trademark infringement.

Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 03:47:47 pm »
2 words. Trademark infringement.

LOL...... ;D
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 04:50:24 pm »
Here is the real deal. People have these seals already and by what I have been told they can be reworked with little or no detection. This is the same story we heard when we got that last seals. Don't mean to be a kill joy but when you tell me the same story over and over and I see it still see people getting behind the seals I just don't fall for the same trick twice. I will tell more next week but don't think anything will change. I just want to be at the track the first night they try and take someones motor. Now that will be entertaining.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything