Author Topic: Sealed engine pricing increase.  (Read 43604 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Sealed engine pricing increase.
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 07:26:03 pm »

For what you would pay for GSXR600, you can buy a 1000 or 1100. I think water cooled is the way to go; But that decision is up to INEX. Unlike the dwarf cars and mod lites, INEX runs under one set of rules. INEX makes the rules. Just have to go with what they decide or move on.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline slack11

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »
But why should you have to bow to the decisions of a company that is in this to make a profit?   The platform of this class is great, I love the cars and the concept....but I hate the way the rules are pushed on the racer... If we are the end consumer, we should be driving decisions at INEX, not them making decisions and we "just deal with it".   Businesses that do not respond to the needs of their consumers fail....that is how business is run.  In my opinion, this class was designed as an affordable form of racing, that is why we all bought into this....I feel as if INEX is going a different direction than their consumers. 

At what point does INEX see that the engines are too expensive and something needs to be done.  How far down this road will they go before they make a change, $7000, $8000??  I'm afraid by that point there will only be a handful of these cars left at every track.  I'm like everybody else, I hate to see this form of racing dwindle and die.   If car counts begin to fall, it is extremely difficult to get someone new into the sport to go run with 5-6 cars....now think how hard it will be if you tell them a motor costs 6300 dollars!!!

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 06:57:19 pm »
 Justfreaky I agree it should be some type of water cooled platform. I do not agree, INEX does not control the track or your club. The club can decide if they wish to run under INEX rules or not. Someone needs to wake up soon! This pill is getting harder to swallow!!!!!
Hey Slack11 I am totally with you on this!

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 08:02:27 pm »
            I know of a sanctioning body that lost the whole oval racing portion of their program over some of the same stuff by refusing  to listen to their customers. They are/were arrogant enough to think they were the only game in town and therefore could charge whatever they wanted  and offer less and less. As I stated they no longer have an oval series, neither dirt or asphalt. 
            Has anybody approached INEX/USLC to create a competition committee to represent the drivers to the Sanctioning body?

Robert

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 08:55:31 pm »
Well all I have to say is wake up guys, it's time for a stand by the racers. What would make this work for us? In my opinion it will have to start with this joke of an engine program. Lose the seals and set up a good tech at your local track. There are some states already doing this. Come on guys wake the hell up.....
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
No one has as long as I have been racing the series. That has been 5 years. But that's a great idea if you could get someone to listen. I have talked to a couple of the upper management they seem as if they can not be bothered or not interested! They make it seem as if non of the racers would be interested in change.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 09:15:28 pm »

5 years? That's all?
I know you are a dwarf car guy. INEX makes the rules. Period.
No club or track rules. Their bat and ball.... Therefore; their rules.
Legends Cars are a spec class. Therfore, you play by there rules or you don't play.

Steve

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 09:33:30 pm »
Understand the spec deal, to a point.But this is America and Hitler is dead,We are the ones that are funding this deal not inex nore 600. What is it going to take stop bitching about it and do something .I know one thing ,this is my hard earned money I'm spending here.I really like this sport but enough is enough
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »
Justfreaky We ran mod lites for 3 years had a great time, my son is the one who races he has been racing for 12 years. I am just the mechanic! Lol. We enjoy racing Legends & racing in general. Late Models, Arena cars. The team of guys we race with you will never find a better group of racers. I just would hate to see it end because of a sanction body not listening to whom really makes it happen you and I the racers. I watched what has happened to TUSA because they wouldn't listen. I know they still exist but not anything like it was years ago.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2014, 10:03:04 pm »
INEX and USLC as entities are a smudge on the balance sheet of SMI. Period.
I don't believe it financially matters to them one bit if it succeeds or fails, and their actions are proof of that. It is a huge, multi-billion dollar corporation.

THEY DO NOT CARE IF A FEW HUNDRED RACERS WHINE ABOUT STUFF.
-If they cared, they would return your phone calls or emails in which you voice legitimate questions or concerns.
-If they cared, they would not just have 1 dealer attempting to service the States of Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
-If they cared, they would have a director of competition for asphalt, dirt, and road courses whose only job would be to promote and grow their respective areas.
-If they cared, they would have some sort of representation other than USLC in Charlotte and USLC West in Las Vegas. There's a Hell of a lot of ground in between those two cities where a Hell of a lot of racing takes place. They cannot and should not expect their dealers to deal with this stuff.

And yes...If they cared, they would try to find a different motor that isn't more expensive than a 400HP GM Crate Motor

Good night
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 10:11:19 pm »
Well said Jim
Bottom line guys       Listen ok.     Your Money.  There pockets    Get it just to make sure you got it your money there pockets

O ya like Jim said.        Good nite
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 10:38:35 pm »
Vern,

I know what you are saying. Still... Their bat and ball.
Take the fenders off you Legends Cars and run Dwarf Cars. Depending on what track, or area of the country, you want to run; Dwarf Car rules change.
Club and track rules for Dwarfs are not the same as INEX. Granted, INEX doesn't help to promote the dirt track racer in their series. In theory, the INEX rules apply across the board (at least more so than most Dwarf Car clubs can get their ducks in a row). Most all know that I have Dwarf Cars. My cars are built along the lines of the Legends Car rules because they are more consistant (SCCA and INEX rules meet most Dwarf Car track rules, etc...).

I have met and talked with many members of the Legends community and Dwarf Car community over the years. I agree that they are the best bunch of folks one could ever be involved with! As I have said many times in the past; The only way to get the sanctioning body to listen (INEX or whomever) Is to talk with them directly. Forums play their part in suppling help and information. Cool beans! Want to make an impact on the sanctioning body; Talk to them directly (Emails, phone calls, whatever it takes). I know many members here on this site  (and a few others; Legends and Dwarf Cars) that do just that. I am not trying to be bitchy. I am just telling you what I have seen on the sites over the years. Only ones that will make a difference are the ones who will say what they think to the sanctioning bodies. I know a few that have paid the price for doing just that. I would love to see the Legends and Dwarf car series grow and prosper.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »
Jim, Vern and others that have posted in years past on this same subject; THANK YOU!!!!
I wish our little forum had some impact on USLC and INEX. Unfortunately, I think Jim may have hit it spot on; They just don't really care about "Average Joe Racer". Not where they make their big bucks. Of course the "Big Buck Racers" don't spend most of their money with USLC either.  ::)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »
Lets get back on topic; "Sealed Engine Pricing Increase"
Thank You Dennis for the news!
News is also posted on the USLC site.

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 10:36:09 am »
Steve,

I have to disagree with you on this one. We are the customers and when you have a price increase on a product that is NOT any good but you are mandated to use it, it tends to make people upset. There is a couple of problems that are related to this topic right now. 1: The cost, when people step back and look at the what we are paying for a 1980 motorcycle engine one must say "i think we are all crazy". 2: quality of the product: people will pay for a product that is good but we our not getting a product that is. The engine shop has a reputation of putting out a non-quality product. This is not my only my opinion but from people I talk to it is about 97% feel the same way. As a matter of fact I only know one person that says good things about them. There is a HUGH problem and it will be coming to a head soon. If USLC and INEX chose to stick there head in the sand and not listen to the consumers as they have done for the last 10+ years that I have done this it could be catastrophic. The one good thing is that people are concerned about this, if they were not, we would be in real trouble. I think most of us love this series and want what is best for it.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing