Author Topic: Tri State and KY Speedway Question  (Read 7013 times)

Offline svtmatt

Tri State and KY Speedway Question
« on: December 17, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »
I was reading the entertaining thread below about Tri State Legends and went over to the new website.

Was reading through the website and read in the rules specific to Kentucky Speedway that you are not allowed to run up on the banking on the backstretch.  Does anyone know why this rule is in place?  Last time I raced there in 2012, everyone went up on to the banking on the backstretch exiting turn 2 as part of the normal racing line.

Just curious.

Thanks,
MT

Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

Offline rsrr

Re: Tri State and KY Speedway Question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »
I have no idea why,don't understand that rule either.There is going,to be a meeting on the 29 to discus. This as well as other things,guess we will just have to wait to see what happens .

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »
Ok, against my better judgement I am going to tell you what I know. Originally there was NO racing on the banking, when the big track was reconfigured it was decided to allow racing on the banking. I was NEVER a fan of racing on the banking and either was Tobey. I am NOT saying I changed the program, I AM saying It has been discussed and it was decided to try it on the  flat again. MY understanding is that this will be a trial, if it is truly too narrow or not in the best interest of the drivers on the flat it will change. PLEASE call Tobey or attend the scheduled meeting, I am only passing on my knowledge of this issue. I though am in favor of trying this on the flat, I believe if it proves wide enough it will be good racing.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:15:16 am »
you are a glutton for punishment Dennis. Sorry, just has to give you a hard time. I can't stand this time of year and need some racing.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline svtmatt

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »
Thanks for the info, Dennis.

Before I raced on the track, I was concered about the transition to the banking and what it might do to the car or cars when racing, but for me, it turned out to be a non issue once I got out on the track.  I only raced there the one weekend, so perhaps there's other situations or conditions that make racing on the banking an issue of which I'm not aware.  I recall the flat area being too narrow to race multiple cars and trying to stay on the flat during the transtion from corner exit seems like it would be more problematic than going on the banking.

Again this is just my recollection.  I don't race there often and may not understand the issue. I enjoyed going down there in 2012 and plan to go back.  I didn't get a chance to get back there in 2013, but I keep the Kentucky dates on my calendar because its a very nice place to race and I don't mind driving 5 hours for a doubleheader.

Please keep the info coming, Dennis!

Thanks,
MT

Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

Offline newway55

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »
racing on the flat would be good practice for charlotte but racing on the highbank is much more fun and is not hard on the car              8m   steve