Author Topic: Gear Indicator  (Read 9812 times)

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
Gear Indicator
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »
Why is my indicator showing in reverse? I know that the pickup is in correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

Offline WIGGLES84

Re: Gear Indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:29:24 pm »
Guessing this is a new install?

There really isn't any way to install the pickup any other I than the right way.

My guess is that someone installed the pins in connector in the wrong order. Figuring out which connector maybe a bit tricky!  If you can see the very tiny numbers on the pickups connector and write down which color is going where I'll compare it to the pickup I have from 600.

Also where each color connects to the pickup.  Start with first of the three that are close together and work clock wise.  Someone could have soldiered them in the wrong order as well.

Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:20 am »
You have reverse? You don't know how many times I wish I had reverse. Just messing with you Robert.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:12:59 pm »
My pickup as wired from 600 and was working properly when removed.  Wire color starting from pin with no wire:

Black, Orange, Red - Spaced closely together.  Gap then Blue, Gap then Green, Gap then Yellow and back to  pin with no wire.

Hope this helps!  :)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »
It turned out that the wires going to the plug were installed wrong. I had a spare put it in and it works right. I compared the 2 plugs and found the difference. Not sure how to take the pins out without ruining them.

Robert

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 04:30:29 am »
It turned out that the wires going to the plug were installed wrong. I had a spare put it in and it works right. I compared the 2 plugs and found the difference. Not sure how to take the pins out without ruining them.

Robert

Molex has a tool to remove the "terminal" (pin) from the "housing" (connector), but the instruction say the terminal gets damaged and cannot be reused?

Then I found this tool and it has no mention of damaging the terminal

http://www.xoxide.com/molexremover.html

If you got it from a parts dealer I see if they will replace it first.

Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )