BANDOLEROS > Setup & Handling

Bando racers please ask for help!

<< < (2/3) > >>

modman:
well I made the decision to move my son out of 1/4 midgets and just bought a new bando.  he will be running on a asphalt 1/4 mile track and I have been all over this forum reading everyone's advice.  I will know more when I get to the track but im looking to get a close set up before I get there.  I know nothing about these yet but have a lot of questions still.  when 600 assembles the car im sure set up is not in their mind!  so im tearing it down and starting at square one. so if there is anything i should know first i would appreciate the heads up.
how close are the shock springs that come with the car?  from other posts I need to change the springs out, but i don't see anything on shocks. 
what about carb tuning?  does anyone have a good place to start.   
I appreciate any help I can get and im sure as I put the car back together I will have more questions, thanks

mch46:
Welcome to Bando racing.  You'll find more info regarding Area 51 than you will Bando "secrets".  But....most of what you learned to be true with 1/4 midgets will hold true for Bandos, such as:  Flowed and blueprinted carbs, dyno'd engines, good tires (properly cut), plugs, jetting, spring splits, air pressures, gearing, etc.  are all important.  If you bought a new car, you got a book from 600 with a suggested set-up.....never use that set-up for anything !!  It just will not work for most tracks.  Where are you running, restrictor plate or not, flat track, banked track, is it a "football field track" 1/4 or a Martinsville type 1/4,  is there a gear rule, etc.  There are some "tricks", but you'll never see them in print on a forum like this.  I don't mean to dishearten you, but thats just a fact.  The good news is, the info is there, just not publicly.  Give us some more info, and I'll try to help.
Mike Hudson

modman:
Thanks mike,
Where do you suggest sending the carbs out to?
So far it's unrestricted which might change. The cars are new to the area so rules might change. And no gear
1/4 mile semi banked track.  Pretty open corners.
Now about cutting tires, don't the rules state that you can't modify them? Or am I mis reading it. I would appreciate any help.

justfreaky:
I believe Mike still does Bando carbs. I've heard good stuff about his work also.

Sent you some set up help. Hope that gets you in the ball park as a place to start.

Steve

modman:
Thank you I think that will be great starting point. I'm just trying to keep from tearing up our or a another car 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version