BANDOLEROS > Setup & Handling

Bando racers please ask for help!

(1/3) > >>

erich17:
I have been working on and eating up bando's for a number of years.  I always see dads or crew members struggling at the track.  Please post questions on here and I will do my best to explain or help out. 

justfreaky:
Hi Matt,

We haven't had too many Bandolero questions in awhile. Quite a few of the Bando kids have moved up to Legends.
The most common questions that I get are asking for specific setups for tracks and gearing.
It is hard to find Bandolero information. We do have a bit in old threads.
Hopefully your offer to help will generate some new questions.
Thank You for your offer to help!

Steve

erich17:
Steve,

I have been getting several calls from parents since I have posted my bando for sale.  I don't have a problem helping teams so I figured I would post it so everybody can ask.  To all the new racers the only stupid question is a question not asked, we all started with no clue so please ask before getting frustrated or doing the wrong thing.

dbradley:
Hi Matt,
We race Bando's up at New Hampshire Motor Speedway...It is a 1/4 mile kind of egg shaped track...turns 1/2 very tight...3/4 much more open but both turns have transitions...tough track to get a handle on...Im wondering your theory on the big front end splits...I always have trouble with getting the car through wheel base tech when trying to use them....I have a very small driver, 50 lbs, so I have to use LOTS of lead...I have trouble  getting the car loosened up/roll through the corners. The car seems to want to skid through 1/2...I actually went down with RR spring to get more mechanical roll.. doesn't carry LF tire, rolls better through corner and I don't see RF tire getting hot.   It doesn't technically make sense....but it seems works better.
Thoughts???
Darin

erich17:
Please share with me the setup your currently running.  Springs, tire pressure, ride heights. I have a feeling the car has to much chassis tilt on the frontend which will cause it to be inconsistent with a non moving "suspension" front end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version