Author Topic: Dirt Nats Update Please  (Read 55471 times)

Offline Legends57x

Re: Dirt Nats Update Please
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »
BTW...I received a letter from INEX  today congratulating me on my BIG winnings of $25 from this years Dirt Nationals.  However, they said I need complete a W-9 form for the IRS before they'll pay me....Really!  For $25???  Makes no sense to me and seems to be a waste of time for all involved just for $25.   Guess they'll be getting a tip from me for all there trouble.... :o
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
INEX has always required a W-9 form. God forbid the government should not get their cut of your huge winnings!
Don't worry too much; They will tax you plenty enough on your regular job earnings. Doubt your winnings will put you in another tax bracket.
 ::)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:17 pm »
Thanks for the words of wisdom Steve!  And no, the winnings will not put me in another tax bracket.  I am just disappointed with the whole ordeal....Enough said.  ;)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:25 am »
I think what is trying to be said is that if you really want a larger and truly a National field then you need to a bigger pay out. It is hard to justify spending $2500 to go win $1000 and your going to spend that much even if you don't win. I don't think anyone is asking the race track to come up that money but USLC to just spread some of their NC money around a little. I know we don't race for money but you can't ask most people to come out of pocket and expect that big of car count from out of towners. The biggest expense of the Nationals is the travel cost. This is why I suggest to have it in a central location that is a none regular Legends area. JMHO
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »
Got my Check yesterday. and they didnt ask for a w-9 from me
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2013, 03:34:26 pm »
It was Mark's first Nationals.
They probably had W9's on file from people that have participated in National events
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »
I got my BIG check in the mail today. They did not ask for a W-9 but I think I had sent one in with the membership app. Hopefully I don't spend it all in one place.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »
If we only did it for the money, Tim Brockhouse would be the only one doing it  :o
Be happy you didn't tear your car up like some of us did and move on. I'm sure some of us would gladly accept it as a donation for repairs ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:45 am »
I spent twice the amount of the check just in parts for the repairs we had to do from the crappy track condition on Friday night....but we will survive in the long run.

Scott

anything