Author Topic: need to send my sealed engine in and need advice  (Read 15811 times)

knoxracing

Re: need to send my sealed engine in and need advice
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 09:29:15 am »
I would NOT wait to get these motors resealed. We have discussed the whole seal issue MANY times, bottom line is the 1200 can not run with the 1250 as per todays rules on asphalt. The old style seals are several years old, 90 percent of these motors  should need freshened by now if they were not tampered with. USLC went up the east coast and took seals that they pretty much new were tampered with, bingo- they were illegal! This is why it needs to be done, we all have the same rules to play by, if you feel the quality suffers I disagree. We can all agree or disagree no big deal, but if we all have to play by the same rules it is what it is and we will all have the same product on race day! Remember, if your sealed motor is illegal- its illegal and you knew it, how can you cry when caught? If your barrel sealed motor is legal, there is little chance its not due for a rebuild. USLC is willing to help anyone that needs it, those motors with illegal seals will be dealt with fairly, if the MOTOR is legal its no big deal, you were not caught at the track, there is no penalty or fine. You fine would be making the motor legal as it could be costly if the head has been cut or the it has a 1314 kit or larger. 2014 should be interesting! ANYONE need help please call me, I run several business's so do not be afraid to call me and remind me your in need of help!!!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:07 am »
Dennis I agree with most of what you said. I don't agree with the quality and many if not most will agree with me on that. So that being said there are many motors out there that are legal but with illegal seals and we all know it. Now you have to ask yourself this, why would someone spend more money to go around the seals and keep it legal? One word "quality". Our team has sent two motor down to get rebuilt and we are 0-2 as to being happy with what was done. They did run well but there were other things that just were done half ass. But back to my point is that if you are still racing and want to go to the winter nationals I don't see how they are going to get all these motors "checked" and resealed in time.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

knoxracing

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:27 am »
In four days of  hard racing at the Asphalt Nationals (practice, heats, features), 135 cars WITH legal seals there were two blown motors.  We have had few issues AND the ones we have had have been handled well with our customers being happy with the results. USLC has went above and beyond the necessary to help my customers with problems. IF YOU RECIEVE A MOTOR FROM MOST OUTSIDE BUILDERS AND YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET! I have SEEN FIRST HAND, racers pay these guys $5000.00 and up for rebuilds because they were told the product was better. I have seen FIRST hand several of these put on the dyno and they were not very good. Go ahead and pay $5000+ for a $3000.00 rebuild. The real reason guys are doing it is because they have bought into this whole scam story of the motor being faster and better. Most engine failures are the result of poor maintenance, poor oiling systems and oil levels. If we all play by the rules this would not be taking place!!

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 11:08:16 am »
Real engine builders have had the newest seal since about 3 days after they were released from 600, so the point is moot. Sealed engine programs fail and harbor theives and criminals.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »
some of us bought our cars with open motors.. I bought my car when it was to be believed sedans and open motors was the way to go.. 
joe

knoxracing

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »
Joe, there is nothing wrong with an open motor. My PERSONAL opinion is that the open should be able to compete evenly with the 1250. The real problem is the techs do not have the knowledge and or the tools to really check an open motor so they limit the pumping compression, basically any tech can pump compression of a cylinder. By the way I still believe the two bar sedan is the fastest car out there!

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »
 If you have an old seal, and your engine is legal, you will not be forced to have any work done. i don't care if your engine pumps 90 psi of compression. if it is legal, and you don't want it worked on, than it will simply be put back together and resealed. Do i think this will be used to sell engine rebuilds? Of course it will. Anyone that has ever been in sales knows that this is being used to push sales. USLC is a for profit business. But guess what. YOU are the one paying the money. YOU own the engine. If YOU say i am not spending a dime on the engine, than they can't make you. Again, this is if you have a legal engine. If they claim it is illegal, and you disagree, talk with Chad, Brian and GE, and have them explain it to you, and/ or offer proof that is is illegal. GE, Chad, and Brian are all great guys and easy to work with.

Also, if you have an illegal engine, there will be no penalty. This is USLC engine shop, not INEX. they are different departments. The only "penalty" will be you need to pay to have the engine made legal.

Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer