Author Topic: Choke Cable Bracket  (Read 7021 times)

Offline stroutmail

• In my younger days!
    • Follow the Son Racing
Choke Cable Bracket
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:19:29 am »
My car and my spare carb do not have any bracket for attaching(anchoring) the choke cable.  Can someone suggest a source where I can buy one and does anybody have good photo of the connection to the choke rail hardware?

On the other hand, I seem to be getting along by warming the engine before the hot laps, standing outside of the car and operating the throttle and choke by hand. Then it seems, once engine is a little bit warm, I don't need the choke to start it again for the rest of the night.

Any advantage to having the choke other than being able to start a stone cold engine from the driver's seat?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Choke Cable Bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:23:51 am »
I'd check with Randy @ RPM. If anyone would have it, he would.
I only use mine when the car has not run for over 24 hours, otherwise it starts fine from the drivers seat choke-less
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:31:12 am »
Wayne,

Most of us do not run the bracket. That is why you'll see us start the car and let it warm up before we get in. I made the decision not to run it because a choke cable was one more item that could get too close to the throttle cable and one more thing to disconnect when you remove your carbs.

-Chad
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »
I don't know of anyone running a choke cable. Most guys remove them as they can hang up. First thing most guys do when buying a new car is remove the cable.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline stroutmail

• In my younger days!
    • Follow the Son Racing
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »
Thanks for the input.  Seems like the choke cable is probably not needed.   We are all a product of our experience...and after seeing one instance of a car starting in gear by mistake and running into a wall (and pinning a bystander) I've kind of always had a preference for starting the car with a driver pushing in the clutch. If I'm alone at the track, I can't operate the choke from the driver seat without a choke cable so I'll either start it while standing outside (being very sure it is in neutral and having the wheels chocked) or get someone to help me.