Author Topic: legends racing on dirt  (Read 17021 times)

Gimpster

Re: legends racing on dirt
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 02:56:29 pm »
LOL... nah, I will skip that spiral short-cut through the black hole and stick to dirt, my friend

~G~

Offline 1stpidrcr7

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:43 pm »
Hello all,
I have been watching this thread from the beginning and feel the need to get some things clarified.  I belive some of you who have responded here have been missled a little. 
First of all the club that is running the race track is doing a great job with the track and providing us a place to race.  Witch brings me to the first misscoseption in this post. The club here (Promoter) has been working hard for the last season and up to now to jump through the hoops to get the Legends class here sanctioned INEX. but as of a few weeks ago they were still jumping through these hoops and nobody from the club has announced that we were officially INEX sanctioned.
The second Point  all the cars that run in this group are 100% Legends cars,  they are not DWARF cars.  When we ( the Legends Group) started racing at this track in the fall of 2011 we as a group agreed that we would use and follow the INEX rules with the only exception that the use of fenders would be left up each driver( we all have the choice to use them or remove them).   
Third since the race track has  not completed the sanctioning process and announced it to the drivers,  i see there is no issue of non INEX drvers being allowed to Race with the INEX drivers.
Fourth  the club here has not been responsible for our rules or the enforcment of the rule that we as the Legends group has agreed to run untill we became fully INEX sanctioned.
The group of Legends racers that t race here are a good group of racers who just want to race, and the Club that runs the race track have invited us here and provide us the opprotunity to do what we love to do RACE !  I just couldn't sit back and watch these racers be accused of being  illegal or cheating over something the group of racers here have agreed was ok.   Thanks

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 07:17:26 pm »
Welcome to LegendsRacer!
Good to see you posting. As we do not have a lot of members in Alaska we just respond to what is posted. No disrespect intended.
Thanks for posting your name, so that we know who we are responding to.
I've no problem with your local track not being INEX sanctioned. That will come in time. INEX is slow about their processes. Sorry about that!
This site is not associated with INEX, USLC, or any other corperation or association.
For all I know, you have a great track! The question was posed as "legends cars" not running fenders. IF the track is using current legends car rules and trying to get INEX sanctioning; Then why would there be cars not running fenders? Nobody is accusing anyone of cheating. If this is what the racers as a group have decided, and your rules are available to all racers at your track; Then it may be a miss informed member of your group.
I, personally, was responding to the question asked about the fenders. Legends cars run fenders. Dwarf cars do not. Dwarf cars are sactioned by  different bodies than INEX. Each sactioning body has their own set of rules. If your group has decided you can, or can choose, to not run fenders; Then that is your groups issue. The legendsracer members were responding to the question that was asked as best we understood it. If that is a problem, please feel free to contact me via a private message or email me at justfreaky@3riversdbs. net.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »
i was not saying that any one was cheating just that i want to know if other people out there on this site race with waatch or know about legends car running without fenders?  this is why i started this topic.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »
i was not saying that any one was cheating just that i want to know if other people out there on this site race with waatch or know about legends car running without fenders?  this is why i started this topic.

We understand what you were saying. This other person apparently doesn't get that. I was not aware; and perhaps you were not either; about the choice of the club on fenders (or not). Since they did not respond; I assume they have their own agenda. I am sure that the track is doing the best they can to promote the track and bring in race fans. This person says they are trying to get an INEX legal track. Cool beans!!!! Part of the deal is that they will have to go by the INEX rules and not make up their own as they go along. That is assuming that the track and local club actually want INEX sanctioning and national points. I don't know. I'm just going by what you and this other person have posted. I don't have time to look up rules for every club and track in 7 or 8 countries and all 50 states in the U.S. Was just trying to get some insight on your rules and post my personal opinions.

Steve

Offline 1stpidrcr7

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »
Thanks for the welcome steve, and you all have a great sight here.
I have  or had no  agenda,  olny putting the truth out there,
Apparently  I read "allow cars to race that are clearly Illegal "  as cheating?  my bad!   if it was not intended that way so be it.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »
Thanks for the welcome steve, and you all have a great sight here.
I have  or had no  agenda,  olny putting the truth out there,
Apparently  I read "allow cars to race that are clearly Illegal "  as cheating?  my bad!   if it was not intended that way so be it.

We don't know if anyone is cheating or not. We were just responding to the question that was posed. INEX legal Legends Cars have fenders.
If you are trying to get your track sanctioned; Then I think you need to pay attention to the rules.
JMHO

Steve