Author Topic: SSO Car Counts  (Read 6410 times)

Offline svtmatt

SSO Car Counts
« on: July 09, 2013, 02:17:56 pm »
I was just reading the article on USLC's website about the latest SSO round results.  I saw the final results at the bottom of the article and was pretty surprised by the car counts for what's supposed to be the premier Legend car race series beyond the National events.  The counts were 13 in Pro, 10 in Masters, 19 in Semi Pro, and 15 in Young Lions.  I recall that the National event at AMS last season was also sparcely attended with B mains in only two divisions (YL and M).

What do people think are the reasons for this level of turnout at the SSO?  Is it the economy and people are staying closer to home?  Is it the track/event itself?  Are there just less Legend cars around nowadays?

Should those of us that have cars and continue to support Legend car racing be concerned about the overall health of the series with turnouts like this to the premier event(s)?  Or is it just poor circumstances that lead to turnouts like we're seeing?

Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

Offline JLowe18

Re: SSO Car Counts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:19:41 pm »
It has been raining a lot in the Carolina's lately so I think that has been keeping car counts at the SSO down or at least the race last week. Not everybody can keep a set of uncut Federals around just in case it rains.

anything