Author Topic: new car & 1250 questions  (Read 5419 times)

Offline canabl

new car & 1250 questions
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:36:34 pm »
Hi to all,
After a season getting used to the driving style over my midget run the year before, we have just upgraded our car to brand new unit.
There are a lot of things that are not on these compared to our upgraded used one so just looking to shed some light on what is what.
This car is only to be used on clay oval if it helps with answers.
The new 1250 comes with a setrab square cooler and fan just for the sump oil network, is it advised to upgrade to an external filter and cooler?
What clutch is in the blitz loaded motors? do i upgrade it to a barnett spring style front plate?
No gear indicator so i am after one of those, does an eBay special work or can u get one off the shelf thats a plug and play?
If anyone has any suggestions also helpful to the new ride I would gladly appreciate it as we had success last season running a stock 1200 wrecker motor to multiple podiums and track record so hoping the new car will see some more success.
Adam CANABL Fisher
Australia #29

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
Re: new car & 1250 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 03:49:28 pm »
Adam,

The Setrab setup is a good setup for cooling, and I have run it for years. There are several other coolers that work very well also. Fluidyne has a new style cooler that is larger, but is a single pass, versus the 3-pass of the Setrab. Both work well, but I don't have numbers to compare.

As for filter, I prefer the external as it makes changing the filter easier, as well as adding about 1 quart of oil to the total volume

The gear indicator can be found through any USLC dealer. They retail for $250, and they work very well.

The 1250 comes with the standard clutch, but the Barnett is a very good aftermarket option, and many guys here in the states run them. (Asphalt anyway, not sure about Dirt)

Good luck, and enjoy your new car!!!
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »
Congrats on the new car Adam.
I like the Setrab 920 dual pass. Almost the same cooling area as the big 3 pass, but long and low, allowing more air to reach the air cooled engine.
I would go with a remote oil filter of some sort.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline canabl

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »
I have a fluidyne from my last car that I was thinking of using as it can stand up on its side out of the way of the block for good air flow.
When I drop this run in oil I will look at upgrade of the clutch too.
Is there any preferred oil filter system? I ran a Peterson inline one I had in midget on last car or do they work better with a big spin on type filter.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »
Either way will work, some people even still use the factury canister. Just a matter of personal preference in my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

anything