Author Topic: Sedans Vs. Coupes  (Read 6717 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Sedans Vs. Coupes
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:08:32 pm »
I just want to here what you guys think. It will severly help me purchase decsion. Thanks

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline thunder938

Re: Sedans Vs. Coupes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:51:31 pm »
I have a sedan and have never driven a coupe, but I talked to the dealer who had sedans and last year was his 1st year with a coupe.  He stated that the coupe seemed to be a little more reactive and twitchy than his sedans.  My Dealer also said that it is not that big of a diff.  Just make sure if you are a big / tall guy stay away from the round top coupes like a 40 ford / 37 chevy. The round top coupes have less head room.  The flat top coupes have the same head room as the sedans....

Dave
Dave

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:42 pm »
I have a sedan and I love the car...today however I was at a roadcourse event and we had a backup car that need to be shaken down as it hasn't been drivien in a while it was a coupe, coupes are more twitchy and it did seem faster,  I calling the owner this week to see if he would be willing to trade, he doesn't race it anymore and mine is newer...what does that tell you.

Mike.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:42:14 am »
I had read somewhere (maybe in a different post???) that the sedans have a little more flex because the door opening is wider? Dont know, could be a conspiracy, man, you know, like the governments out to get us, man, so we all drive coupes and have a more uniform appearance  :D

I always thought it'd be cool to get a sedan and paint it like a police car with a little red light on top, course then I'd have to start in the back of the pack and catch all them moonshiners ahead of me...oh wait, my slow ass starts in the back anyway ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/