Author Topic: Running national qualifer with no Inex license?  (Read 16236 times)

KYracer91

Re: Running national qualifer with no Inex license?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
Since I am relatively new to this, I won't pretend to have all the answers.  However, I would think a license would be needed for participation in any Inex event even if it isn't a national qualifier and that needs to be verified BEFORE the race?  Also, I do not place all the blame on the Fast series, as I'm sure it is very difficult to verify these things considering many licenses (or all?) haven't even been mailed out yet.

I hear your point of view on trying to grow car counts, but I just consider the purchase of a license a "must have" to race, just like a helmet or fire suit.  

My "suggestion" would be as follows:  If the driver doesn't have his/her license with them in hand or doesn't know the number, they hand over an application and check on the spot.  If on Monday morning it is found they did apply after checking with Inex, their check and application will be shredded.  If it is found they don't have one and haven't applied, the check and application will be sent to Inex and all points/payout will be forfeited for all races prior to that point.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:06 pm »
Those that have received there licenses are supposed to produce them. Those that have applied (Yes, I know INEX is slow to produce licenses, drivers packets and rule books) should contact INEX for a license number BEFORE they race. New memberships (such as application turned in at track or yet unprocessed...) should have points and payout withheld until proof is verifyed. Yes, that is going to upset a few folks! Those that are being honest will understand (I hope!). I know it's a rough deal.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline fastmidwest

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:06:40 am »
That is pretty harsh kyracer.  I cant imagine anyone handing over another check if they mailed one in already. 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:12:32 am »
I agree that it may be a bit harsh. Understand his frustration though.
Check your messages.

Steve

KYracer91

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 12:16:51 am »
I don't see why it would be harsh...if Inex has already got a check from you, the check won't be cashed and you aren't out a penny.  However, we can agree to disagree on that  ;D.  Just throwing out a possible suggestion.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:07 am »
The "Big Money" racers can toss out the money. The "Little Guy" is going to be unhappy and unable to fork out the money. I understand your point though. If someone is being honest, then it shouldn't matter.

Steve

Offline fastmidwest

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 12:38:30 am »
I agree with Steve.  Most drivers would have big problems with writing another check.  Inex would probably deposit it until the matter was cleared up.
Licenses can be delayed for many reasons.  A missed signature,  an abbreviated name.  This early in the season, licenses in general, are problematic.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 12:47:53 am »
Greg,

I know that INEX has always had issues. They are not always the most timely bunch.
There are a lot of issues most racers would like to see farther in advance (rule book for instance).
Not everyone is going to be happy, regardless. All one can do is try to make some kind of compromise.
 :-\ :-\ :-\

Steve

Offline fastmidwest

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 01:00:59 am »
I've always thought inex/us legends was under staffed and could use help.  FAST could use help with keeping and updated hard copy of inex numbers we can have at the track.  Would kyracer care to help? I'd like to say I could pay for help, but allas I cannot

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 01:13:52 am »
Fuding is always an issue... Be it INEX, FAST Series, "Average Joe Racer" or LegendsRacer.com. LOL!
The Legends people are some of the best people on the face of the planet!
I have tons of messages and emails daily from folks all around the world.
Even though I don't get paid; I love my small part on this site!!!!

Think about my suggestion.
And check your messages!!!!  ;D

Steve

anything