Author Topic: Set up help  (Read 6089 times)

Offline racerdad

Set up help
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »
Sent my scales in to be checked and now they tell what the bite is. I have never used this what is it telling me and where should I be keeping it at? We run asphalt and when I got the car all setup it is at -18. Thanks cody

Offline Chunk

Re: Set up help
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:14:56 am »
The bite number corresponds with your cross weight percentage. If you look at your cross number, it is below 50%. The -18 is the amount of weight you are  shy on the RF and LR from being at 50% cross. If you were running cross weight at over 50%, that bite number would be a positive (+) number. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the bite number. Just worry about your percentages...Left, Rear, and Cross. Where do you race?

Offline racerdad

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:16 am »
My daughter races at south sound speedway in wa.  This is only her second yr in legends. Thanks for the help with this.
Thanks cody

Offline sparkyboyd

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:09:09 pm »
Brian Boyd #14, raced with you a couple times last year. I still consider myself new, partly because I don't even come close to running up front. But what I've been told is don't pay attention to bite. Set your cross around 48-49% and adjust from there on a conventional set up.  ;D

Offline racerdad

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »
Hi Bryan how are you doing did you make the first race.
Yes that we're we are at with the cross I like to start at 48.5% and work from there.
Hope to see you at the next race
Thanks cody

anything