Author Topic: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!  (Read 73529 times)

Offline WIGGLES84

Re: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 11:18:55 am »
Just got RFQ back form the plastic company...... 6 week lead time on either color  :'(

So if I do take the plunge to buy the 5 bar minimum, it will be about 2 months before I could offer a gauge using it  :-\

Maybe I'll just offer the clear for a while and see how things\sales go?

IDK  ???

Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline Legends16

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »
Just got RFQ back form the plastic company...... 6 week lead time on either color  :'(

So if I do take the plunge to buy the 5 bar minimum, it will be about 2 months before I could offer a gauge using it  :-\

IDK  ???

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Im not dead set on the tinted one. Have you determined your price as of yet?

Thanks,

Eric

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:09 pm »

IDK  ???

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Im not dead set on the tinted one. Have you determined your price as of yet?

Thanks,

Eric

not yet. I was going to send vern houseman the one I made in the beginning of this thread,  but once I had it wired up the threads were too loose. so i ended up making another one. That one is more like what I want the "production" one to be like.  the plastic is threaded in so it should never be pushed\pulled out. still ended up in front of the mill for about 1.75 hours to make that one (mill,chamfer,spot,drill,spot,drill,drill,tap,put threads on plastic,insert,spot,drill,tap  ???)

Would really like to get it under 1 hour

Andrew

Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline N4Racing

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 01:25:44 pm »
Andrew,  I would be happy with a clear plastic cover, and maybe upgrade later with a tinted one if they become available.  There are things we can do individually to darken them up if they are too bright at night.

Jeff

Offline justaoke

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 11:02:42 am »
On the list for a possible kit! Thank you!

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 11:03:52 am »
Well.... looks like races are canceled here again on the weather  >:(  Got to love Wisconsin!!!

Hopefully Vern will have time to get his kit installed during the next week so there's a better chance of getting track time on the sending unit.

Andrew

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:42 pm »
If I get it ,Monday or anytime before Thursday it will be in my car for Friday nite race at Big Diamond speedway
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
Well.... looks like races are canceled here again on the weather  >:(  Got to love Wisconsin!!!

Hopefully Vern will have time to get his kit installed during the next week so there's a better chance of getting track time on the sending unit.

Andrews

Best part is that it was sunny the rest of the day afternoon! The track is about 1.5hrs from where I live, but we didn't see a drop of rain!

Andrew

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 09:51:43 am »
Andrew,   Just curious, what city are you located in?
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline rickmiller48

Re: Re: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 10:54:41 am »
Vern,
Let us know if you get it in time.  I would like to see it Friday if you have it.

Rick  Miller

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 11:26:27 am »
Andrew,   Just curious, what city are you located in?

Mark,

Andrew is located in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »
Well I received the gear indicator kit from Andrew today, Nice work ,it will be getting installed in my car tomorrow nite .Nice job . Will be taking pics of install .
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline tbevirt

• Beer
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »
You wouldnt happen to have a dimensioned drawing would you? Over at the USC autocross project we would love something like this. We dont have money but we have tools. Id love to try to build one.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 09:19:08 pm »
Well I received Andrews gear indicator kit today, very nice kit, and a very easy install, I am kinda diggin the clear front now,when you shift the gears it aluminates red when the numbers are up and green when in neutral.The whole circle aluminates really neet.Can't wait to try out Fri nite.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »
The numbers lit on your dash may be the brightest thing at Big Diamond... You know how dark it is in turn three.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

anything