Author Topic: front clip bent  (Read 6152 times)

Offline pucky

front clip bent
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:38:05 pm »
left front clip seems to be bent down 1/2 inch is this going to have any affect on the cars handling .It is enough that the header is against the clip .OPINIONS PLEASE

Offline amp racing

Re: front clip bent
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:03:24 pm »
sorry yes.. everything attaches to the front clip...replace the front clip before you pull your hair out at the track....  too loose, too tight, it snaps around, slows down[never speeds up]..ect
jmo joe

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:41 pm »
Where it is bent is the big question I have.
As Joe pointed out, if it is bent somewhere that affects the suspension mounting points, then it will likely cause you problems. If it is bent at the front horns, not a big deal. It may be possible for you to straighten it (at least, somewhat). As it is still off season for most, it may be worth the time and effort to replace it.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »
It is  toast no matter how you look at it. Whenevr you create enough stress to bend an area that much, you have created bind in the chassis.

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »
It would be best to replace the clip. I tried racing last 2 races at end of last season with my bent clip and it was not fun!!!

Offline pucky

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »
thanks for the responses, after checking further i believe it is bent somewhere in the shock mounting area as i got hit in that area enough to break spindle and bend a ball joint and after that to get get my cross right the adjuster on my left front shock is almost to the bottom of its adjustment.i think i will take the engine back out and check it over as i have two months before the first flag drops .

anything