Author Topic: Track Tac® - Help Provided  (Read 14037 times)

Offline rransom

Track Tac® - Help Provided
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:26:58 pm »
I am one of the chemist at the company that makes Track Tac®  Tire Treatments. If I can answer anybodies questions I would be glad to help.

To Everybody

If you want a one on one, please feel free to call me. It's a lot easier to talk about than to write, when it's one on one. My office number is 1-336-474-3500.

If I'm not in, ask whoever answers to track me down and give them your phone #, or ask if Dow is in the office. Dow is in charge of sales and is very knowledgeable. If you ask them to track me down, as soon as I'm free I'll call you back. I should be in most of the day, today 05-10-2005.

If you go to our web site there is more information,
in PDF format.

There is a FAQ sheet, a single page with all the labels pictured and one liners about the products, and the PDF of the hand-out we give out when we visit track or go to things like PRI and KART-FEST.

All of this is right on the home page, so you don’t have to go searching for it.

Now, here is a quick rundown of the products. I hope this is helpful.

TRACK TAC SST - Best for Asphalt. It will last through a whole night of racing. It needs to be applied in advance. Monday and Tuesday for a Saturday race. Use light coats and let it dry between coats. Works on treaded or slick tires. You control the durometer point drop by the number of coats you apply. You don’t need to wrap your tires - it’s your option.

TRACK TAC SST5 - Purple This product contains NO petrolium distillates. We design this for dirt tracks. It gives super bite, but if you don’t have enough Horse Power and Torque it will bog you down. In our area modifies on dirt ( Carolina Clash, etc.) are swapping out their small block and putting in their big block engines. If you use this on kart tires use a quarter of what you think you need. It takes 10 days to apply but you apply it in one night. Apply a coat and wait one hour apply a second coat and wait 2 hours then apply a third coat. Set the tires aside for 10 days. If you check the tires during the 10 days they will feel greasy at first and then get less greasy over the 10 day. At the end of 10 days they will have a very slight greasy feel. Now wipe the tires down with 2 coats of TRACK TAC PRW-Orange - let dry between coats.
This product is meant for dry, hard, and dusty clay tracks that have been loaded down with Calcium Chloride.

TRACK TAC PRW-Green => PRE RACE WIPE for asphalt or sealed tracks. TRACK TAC PRW-Green works great on top of TRACK TAC SST to refresh the surface “bite” between heats and then before the feature. If it is used as a pre race wipe it will last between 2 and 5 laps, depending on how much is applied. It is meant to be used when what you need is some help until the tires get hot and take over on their own. Don’t sop it on. Apply a thin coat and let it dry. Repeat with a second coat if you think you need it..

TRACK TAC SAA - Grape Soft As A Grape. This product will soften tires and is meant for the spring and fall when the dirt tracks are cooler and have more moisture in them. It is meant as a primary treatment to be applied early in the week for a weekend race. The longer you give it, the deeper it will go in the tire. If you wait until Friday or Saturday it will drop the durometer but it won’t be very deep and it probably will “give up” before you want. It can be applied between trips to the track because it dries quickly. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC SAA - Grape as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”. TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC GK1-Blue This product contains NO petrolium distillates. It is meant to be used on harder dirt tracks that are fairly dry, and not too dusty. It provides a great base even after the sun goes down and some moisture comes back into the track. It can be used inside or outside. You get better control if you apply it from the outside. You will typically get a 5 to 10 point drop when applied from the outside and it tend to drop 15 points if done inside to out. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC GK1-Blue as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”.
TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC PRW - Orange with DRT “Bite” in a can. TRACK TAC PRW - Orange will drop the durometer of a tire very little, 0 to 5 points. It is meant to be a pre race wipe for dirt tracks. The DRT stands for Dirt Repelling Technology. Yes the tires do repel dirt better than tire that aren’t treated with the TRACK TACK PRW - Orange with DRT. It can also be used as a primary treatment during the week to give a better base for rock hard, dry, and dusty tracks. This product can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC BTGP - Red Better Than Goat Pee because contains no carcinogens, it won’t destroy your tires if used correctly and it won’t destroy the environment. . Yes, Goat Pee, Yellow Gold, or any of its other names is a carcinogen because of the Naphthalene it contains.. Its chemical name is Methyl Naphthalene, and it is a bio-hazard, a marine pollutant.

TRACK TAC BTGP - Red can be used essentially the same way you would use Methyl Naphthalene, but it is safer. We recommend it for wet tracks. As tracks get drier we recommend going to TRACK TAC SAA - Grape and then TRACK TAC GK1-Blue.
TRACK TAC BTGP - Red can be used to repair tires that have been dried out because they we treated with Goat Pee. We always recommend putting TRACK TAC PRW-Orange on top of TRACK TAC BTGP - Red as a final top coat to get the extra “bite”. TRACK TACK PRW - Orange with DRT can be overused so use it sparingly. Just light coats are all that is needed.

TRACK TAC BLUE TIRE WASH with DRT This is a spray on wipe off tire cleaner that work on new tires, tires that have dirt on them, tires that have a build - up of the track sealer used in the south, especially Florida and it is a great way to remove Coke Syrup from indoor races on concrete . Spray it on wait 15 seconds to several minutes and then wipe it off. If needed you can reapply it immediately. Let the wet tires dry before applying and tire prep. TRACK TAC BLUE TIRE WASH with DRT is water based, this is why it needs to be dry.

I hope this helps, please excuse any typo’s

Randy Ransom
Track Tac®
Chemist@ATTL Products, Inc
tracktac.com.
.rransom@attl.com
336-474-3500 O
336-475-0100 F
336-406-2885 M

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Re: Track Tac® - Help Provided
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:04:25 pm »
Thanks for posting Randy!

Offline rransom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 10:15:45 am »

Here are two links that will allow you to download our brochures from our website  www.tracktac.com
http://tracktac.com/tt/information/Brochure.pdf
http://tracktac.com/tt/information/FAQsheetforTrackTac.pdf

As we learn new things I try to keep them posted.  I am not a racer!! I am a fairly good chemist. Our company has been making chemicals since the mid 1890's.  At present we are respectably strong in the kart market and the stock car areas.

We have tried to bring a new area of chemistry to the racing industry that is less hazardous. You will never see me use the word safe when talking about chemicals unless it is a mistake.  I will use safer and safe enough. There are chemicals that are much safer than others.  In the area of karting we have been lucky in proving this to be the case.  There are still hardliners but there numbers are dropping daily. 

Our newest product is Track Tac® Tire Tuff. It is the only product of its type that is SAFE ENOUGH to ship unrestricted by air.  It is design to improve tire life and a side benifit, but not by design, it is undetectable in the bottle by the sniffers (including the JTR Eagle).

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Randy  Ransom 
Chemist for Track Tac®
by ATTL Products, Inc.
.www.tracktac.com.
.rransom@attl.com.
1 (336) 474-3500 office
1 (336) 406-2885 mobile
1 (336) 475-0100 fax

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:19 pm »
I believe according to INEX tire treatments are illegal for Legends are they not?

Offline gramps05

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 06:16:58 pm »
For what its worth "Dry Tire" Rule-It is prohibited to use traction compounds or any substance that might alter the physical properties of a tire as supplied by the manufacturer. Tire cleaners/shiners,tire softeners, track adhesives, brake fluid, diesel fuel, etc., will not be permitted on the tires. Any tires with signs of these products on or inside them will be impounded for further testing and the driver will be disqualified. Tubes will be allowed.

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 04:26:49 pm »
You can bet your bottom dollar that there is a lot of tire prepping going on at every level in every form of racing unless there is a total tire impound.   WKA has lost about 60%-70% of their racers in the last 2 years with their attempt to take a hard line on prepping.  They even had a sniffer developed to detect prep, which was quickly circumvented.  After two years of trying,  they are about to relax their position considerably.  The sniffer will be used to "control" prepping.  As long as what you are doing does not set off their gizmo, you will be good.  This in itself is a slam dunk for WKA in my opinion because there were some very dangerous chemicals being used that cannot get by the sniffer, so it has made it safer.

I am, and always will be of the opinion that a rule that cannot be enforced should not be in place.  Furthermore, there are non-detectable chemicals that can be applied to the tire that will make it "work" for almost twice as long as a virgin tire.  These chemicals replace what is lost from the tire as it it heat cycled from use.  I cannot fathom why someone would not want to use such treatments and cut their tire bill in half.

If you wash your wheels and tires with "Simple Green" or "Purple Power,"  you are adding a chemical to your tires that can alter the physical properties of the tire with respect to grip.  I use Purple Power.  I've rolled through oil, coolant, race gas on the track, and I have spilled oil, and gasoline on my tires and brake fluid has gotten on them from bleeding and from having either of my front wheels ripped from the car.  I have no doubt  my tires would set off WKA's sniffer in a heartbeat.  So the bottom line there is that unless you make folks buy new tires at the race and have them remove them from the car before rolling into the pits and impound those tires until they go back out on the track, then you cannot enforce a "no prep" rule.  The rule exists only to the extent that it can be enforced.  A dry tire rule, a durometer rule, and a wear bar rule can be quickly and easily enforced.

Those are my opinions on the matter, and you are free to respectfully disagree.

anything