Author Topic: Inex rule changes 2013  (Read 110556 times)

Offline Grape Competition Develop

Re: Inex rule changes 2013
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »
10-4, good to know

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 09:16:29 pm »
Maybe it was said but that 640 lbs. is with the driver?
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:57 pm »
Yes it is
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »
Any pictures of the catch can/ return bottle go?

knoxracing

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 08:45:52 am »
VMS, I am not in a huff. I just want accurate information passed on to those that read this. I am sure you have sold more catch cans as I see them on almost every motor at most events. OPEN AND SEALED, Why wouldnt you run a can? Why wouldnt you want the insurance of the oil returning to the engine? Its a $5000.00+  unit that lives on one thing OIL. I have been around for 14 years. I saw just as many blow oil then when we were all on open motors with multiple builders.  It irritates the crap out of me when those that have issues with USLC on a business level feel they need to take blind jabs every chance they get, its wrong.

Offline Chunk

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 09:43:04 am »
Dennis, do you believe that uslc puts out just as good and reliable product as these builders that are getting behind the seal? Better yet, do you believe that uslc has faith in their program to produce as good and reliable products as these guys?

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 10:29:36 am »
I will leave this right here, as this is the first sealed engine ive taken apart in 4 years.  Customer pays $5400 for a blitz 4 with pinned cam.  It ran 4 nights before the sleeves sunk from bad machine work.  When opened up, it had no pinned cam and 2 bent exhaust valves.... Seems it would have lasted longer straight from japan.....

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 10:36:54 am »
VMS, I am not in a huff. I just want accurate information passed on to those that read this. I am sure you have sold more catch cans as I see them on almost every motor at most events. OPEN AND SEALED, Why wouldnt you run a can? Why wouldnt you want the insurance of the oil returning to the engine? Its a $5000.00+  unit that lives on one thing OIL. I have been around for 14 years. I saw just as many blow oil then when we were all on open motors with multiple builders.  It irritates the crap out of me when those that have issues with USLC on a business level feel they need to take blind jabs every chance they get, its wrong.

You need to get over yourself and re-read this damn thread Dennis.
I never came after you, USLC, or anyone else for their product or business.

I said that it should not be necessary to run a return line to the motor from the catch can!
If you want to do it, go nuts, but if you are filling the can and need to run the oil back to the motor, you have a problem. I run a can, and monitor if any oil accumulates.
It irritates the crap out of me when people who have been in the business 14 years and  should know better try to justify massive blow by as a non issue.

It also irritates the crap out of me that someone who knows nothing of my business tries to act like he does, and takes blind jabs every chance he gets.
You always make things personal Dennis, I'll never understand that about you, I guess you like meaningless confrontation.

You have a problem with me or my business, you or USLC can buy me out.
They have all my sales numbers from 2012, contact Ashley or John.

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:37 am »
Chunk,
Based on the shear number of engines sold new and being rebuilt I do not believe USLC has no more issues with there motors than any builder. Please remember this is based on the number of motors done. I guess you could say percentage wise, there is no other shop putting out the amount of engines USLC does,  not even close. Would I have said that two years ago, no.  The rebuild cost is also less, based on numbers I have seen from SOME builders that are well known.

knoxracing

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 11:02:35 am »
VMS,
Drain the oil from your catch can you are full!  Its no big deal.  Seriously?  Who cares if anyone runs a return line or not?           " you sold more catch cans this year than anyother year".

knoxracing

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 11:03:30 am »
Grape, whats the engine number from that sealed engine?

Offline Chunk

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 11:13:09 am »
Ok Dennis, then I ask you, why not take the seals off? As long as there are seals people will figure out how to get behind them. A guy is way more likely to get caught with a 1350 that is unsealed than if it were sealed. The seals are a false sense of security and IMHO a way to ensure that uslc makes the money on rebuilds. If they had that much faith in their product, they wouldn't worry about people sending their engines somewhere else. A good majority of those that were dq'd were found to be within spec but had seals tampered with, correct? That says it all to me. Taking the seals off is the best fix I see.

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:35 am »
Where can I see a Picture of this oil setup and how much are they. I wouldnt mind having it for a backup.

knoxracing

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:16 am »
Not all motors were within spec., most were Please remember there have been several people come forward  with illegal motors to be brought into spec, .  The seals and motors taken have been at big events, USLC knows for a fact that the majority of the sealed engines with illegal components are not at these events, these are the motors they are going after.
 Now as to answer your question, this is my opinion and I have said it before. If we had proper tech with the proper tools any motor program would work. The past programs would have worked, the current program would have worked. So in my opinion no matter the direction they go unless these motor are teched by trained tech guys with tools it wont matter. This ship us your motor and we will check it and return it, is a problem, it is fine if you are 100 miles from USLC, but the majority of these motors are not within 100 or even 200 miles. Goes back to trained techs with the ability and the trust to check these motors, cut the seals and reseal them, send the old seals and motor info to uSLC and let them take it from there. They have to fix the problem in the field before they implement new rules and or new procedures. Another interesting tid bit. Part of this re-seal deal is if you bring or send them a motor with "illegal components", they will make the motor legal at your expense and send it back to you, no penalty.  I guess its like amnesty.  The way I see it, they could have said hey look. we are stepping our tech up big time, if you have a motor and it needs brought into spec then send it to us and we will make that happen with no penalty. If you have an older sealed motor and you want it resealed fine send it in, otherwise our techs will check it in the field and if there is an issue USLC wil contact you. Sorry if this more than you asked!

knoxracing

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2013, 11:53:03 am »
Cruzin.
I cannot get photos to load, it says file is too large. Grape and others have posted pictures. Can you send me your e-mail and i will mail you a picture of a car with the catch and return.  If someone else wants to post it I will send it to them. Thanks.