Author Topic: Inex rule changes 2013  (Read 84348 times)

Offline racertoms27

Re: Inex rule changes 2013
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:35 pm »
As and old, fat guy, you think I would be happy about this, but I'm not. The kids will have a lot of lead real low on the car while my big old body will be flopping around up high.
Oh well, such is life....

knoxracing

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:55 pm »
BACKSTRETCH, I am not sure why you are targetting me as part of the problem or saying that I am accusing anyone of anything.  I am passing the information contained in a letter with my tech lic. on to the racers here. We are having a very good discussion regarding USLC rule changes.  I am encouraging racers here that far may be far from Charlotte to make calls and send e-mails so the method of changing these seals might be changed.  if  USLC wnats to do this, they will do it, but they need to here from racers and how it will effect them and maybe they will come up with a different plan.  If  motors were rebuilt by others than USLC they may have an issue, I can not change that either. It is USLC's game, there rule book and there engine program. I am not going into all the politics of the program, it has ruined other sites and I really want to stick with getting the info out and trying to help racers deal with USLC anyway I can. Yes I am a dealer, yes I guess you could say I work for or am associated with USLC. Does this mean I agree with everything or I think everything is peachy, no it does not. If I try to help people deal with USLC, I help with pricing and pass the info that I receive  onto those out there its a good thing. I just want to clarify my position on this site, thanks!

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »
Scott,

Read Dennis's first post. Sounds like USLC wants sealed engines to be sent in for a seal check.
I've not seen anything posted the USLC site. Dennis is passing on info that he has received.
 ??? ??? ???

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 01:15:38 pm »
I'm going off my diet  ;D

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 06:46:01 pm »
I'm kind of slow sooooo let me get this right. They think that they are going to get everyone with a sealed motor that has one of these seals to ship there motor in and get the other seal put on? Maybe its just me but I think that someone up at USLC has fallen and bumped their head. Most people don't have enough money to rebuild let alone just spend money because they want you to have a new seal. I have to agree with backstretch, the real problem is two things. USLC let the whole motor program get away from them and they don't don't produce a quality product. They know that and so do the racers. I saw what the put out down at the Nationals. I have a sealed motor that I use for national events but I will go back with an open motor now. I know guys that go around seals but don't cheat the motors up. The reason they do it is they can't afford to have a motor go boom after a couple of races. That is just my opinion.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

knoxracing

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
Scott why do you switch back and forth from 1200 to 1250 for National events?

Offline Chunk

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 01:14:33 am »
An easy way to fix this whole deal would be to get rid of the seals all together and just tech the engines like the old days. I don't see 600 doing this, mostly because they know they'd be losing a lot of money on rebuilds. However, in my opinion if they have enough faith in their engine dept to put out a good reliable product, they'd still have plenty of business. Just my .02!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 07:18:01 am »
Because it is easier to get through tech with a sealed motor at a National event. Plus are local events are not as tough of compation as National events and if something happens to my open motor my builder is only 3 minutes away and can turn my motor around in a couple of days. Also the cost is about $1200-$1800 for a GOOD rebuild. Other than cost, turn around and reliability I guess I would run a sealed motor all the time. I know that the 1250 is faster but I also have to race with my pocket book. I also heard with my own ears down in Florida a dealer talking about how he gave the tech guys a couple of hundred dollars to let his cars get through. He was saying this like he was proud of it. I have lost a lot of faith in the system right now. I know are local track let guys have a free pass and it gets discouraging. When the tech guy works at the dealer shop guess who doesn't get caught for anything. I don't have the answers for the motor problem but I do know that if they don't get a handle on it it is going to run a bunch of people off. Again Just an Opinion.

knoxracing

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:13 am »
LMAO, the tech guys in Florida? Scott Reinhardt taking a couple hundred to lose a career. Seriously? I will forward this to the tech dept and they can get to the bottom of it. This is a perfect example of why people have a negative perception of USLC. If you get full rebuilds for $1200 to $1800 I will send a couple of 1200's over.  I try to stay on the fence, but sometimes you just have to call it what it is, B>S>! ALOT of legend racers race on a shoe string, they race on a small budget because they CAN. They CAN race a Legend, they could not race anyother car with so many places and venues and with a rule book that is pretty much followed all over and at every venue. The downfall is the budget, we all have to stretch every dollar, you never know when you will get caught up in something on the track, you need another set of tires, you want better brakes, you want those light wheels everyone else is running, etc etc. That motor goes 40 races between rebuilds, it has been rebuilt 4 times and BOOM it GRENADES. Is this the builders fault? When I am at USLC and I walk through the area whaere the rebuild are stored prior to rebuild it amazes me to see the nasty, old abused motors waiting for the miracle rebuild. Did i see a fresh rebuild in Florida blowing oil, yes I did. Did they put a catch and return system on it? Yes they did. Should they have to do this? NO. What else are going to do at the track, you are there for a weak, you cant tear it down there and rebuild it. Again, should there have been a problem, NO.  Were there ANYOTHER BUILDERS THERE? USLC looked at the problem at the track, made the best decision at the time and I am sure will fix the issue. There was a motor three stalls down from me that was sealed and WAS NOT A USLC motor, it blew up big time. Four spots the other way, two blown engines that WERE NOT USLC engines, huge holes in the cases. Where were these builders? I am sorry for the rant, but BS is BS, paying the tech at Auburndale, seriously!

Offline JC38

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:42 am »
Maybe 600 needs to allow free shipping on all of these motors that have to be sent back. haha.(. yeah right..) If there going to make people send in there motors for seals.  then they need to make every car have a sealed motor. 
Justin Comer #38

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:22 am »
Maybe i am the only one that has noticed since this group at 600 took over led by Hawk they have been nickle and diming us to no end.
as far as having the seals redone that is the end for us, i have two bando motors and two sealed legend motors that would have to go to 600. i'm getting a little tired of paying for the cheaters that have nothing done to them. If you look at the motors that were caught running durring the winter heat at charlotte, they were all pretty high in regular season points, but then again i'm sure they only used cheated motors at  the winter heat.
We were on the fence, i have to thank them for pushing us over.
rob

knoxracing

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 09:19:29 am »
OWE ,every motor? I am suggesting that tech officials pump the motors,  remove the seals, send the seals, motor number and compression report to USLC for inspection. The tech would install new seals right then and there. If USLC has an issue with the seal, they can contact the car owner and take it from there.

knoxracing

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:38 am »
Rob, I agree with you! Guys that are legal should not have to spend a DIME to a motor resealed. Give this a little time to work its self out and I believe there will be changes in this policy before it is ever implemented into play.  I will say that IF they are going to have a selaed program, they HAVE to get it under control. No ifs ands or buts. BUT NOT at the expense of legal engine owners that followed the rule!

Offline Chunk

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 09:39:48 am »
Just get rid of the seals altogether! As long as there are seals, someone will figure out how to get behind them!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 10:08:32 am »
Dennis,

Do you really think that it is a good idea to let seals go out to tech guys? Isn't this what happened last time with seals? They (USLC) lost control over seals and every body I knew had some. They were even selling them on several web-sites. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer but I did here him say that he pay a couple of hundred dollars to get his cars through. I'm positive it wasn't paid to Scott. I do know as long as we race anything there will be people who cheat. I do think that a 1250 motorcycle engine that cast $5200 or what ever the cost is now is WAY to much. You can buy a create late-model motor cheaper than that. Lets face it there isn't any high tech stuff going on with a 1980's motorcycle motor. The other fact is that they were having problems with reliability. We all knew it and so did they. Do they have it fixed? I don't know but most people have a bad taste in there mouth with USLC motor shop. Do I? Nope. I haven't really dealt with them that much either. My other question is why didn't the put new seals on down at the Winter Nationals? They had a bunch of cars there that they could have done then. I'm not going to worry about it until they come up with a solid plan. I just hope they think it through. I'm sure they will.

PS. It was nice to meet you down in Florida. Maybe we can get out your way someday and race with you guys.