Author Topic: Inex rule changes 2013  (Read 95037 times)

knoxracing

Re: Inex rule changes 2013
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2013, 08:33:35 am »
No matter how you write the rule, a 100lb driver will always have an advanatge, no way around it. The more lead placed on the bottom of the car to acheive 1300 lbs, the better off you are. I just finished a 34 coupe for a 130 lb driver. 7 full bars of lead on the bottom of the car. Cars weighs about 1315,  that is alot of bottom weight.  That is a 130 lb driver, think if he were 100 lbs. Hard for a 200 lbs driver to compete with.  You cant change that no matter how you write the rule.

Offline slack11

« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2013, 09:36:48 am »
Is this rule also to help even out the coupes and sedans?  I owned a sedan, and could just get 51 percent left with lead and everything i tried, I bought a coupe for this coming year and put it on the scales with no lead, and I was already above my left side percentage of the fully loaded sedan.  Maybe that was just me, but is this maybe also to even out the two. 

If you look at all the national events, you see a whole lot of coupes and very few sedans.... Just wondering if this was also to address that.

knoxracing

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2013, 10:27:23 am »
I never had an issue with the coupes vs sedans other than the 4 bar is somewhat heavy. My favorite car is the two bar Sedan, but they are not favored by Inex. The coupe in my opinion is so popular because once a few guys started winning in them they have continued to become the reason for winning. I like the weight distribution of the sedan better.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:42 am »
I would add, that I think Coupes are more popular because they are so much easier to get to the rear end on them. I know plenty of guys that win with sedans. In fact a few old guys named Clay and Cotton seemed to do pretty well with sedans....

I have never seen a difference in left side weight with a sedan vs coupe either.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

knoxracing

« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:57 am »
LOL Brad, the access is way easier. Try getting a battery out of 34 Sedan, better off taking it out through the wheel area.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »
Besides.... The Coupes just look cool!!!  ;D

Thanks for the info guys! I am on the right path.  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »
make sure you tape up the terminals, just in case it slips and falls...

joe

Offline racerdad

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »
I know this is is a little late but to the people that commented  on the young drive I under stand just what you are saying. We used to run quarter midgets and there were lots of parents that spent all there money to win.  But also remember there are parents that spend all there money so there little girl can race. And some how she figures out how to win. Maybe now that we are racing legends she can figure it out again because i for sure do not have the money to buy wins. All I am saying is not all the children are the same.
Thanks cody

Offline Briz81

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2013, 04:55:13 pm »
I know this is is a little late but to the people that commented  on the young drive I under stand just what you are saying. We used to run quarter midgets and there were lots of parents that spent all there money to win.  But also remember there are parents that spend all there money so there little girl can race. And some how she figures out how to win. Maybe now that we are racing legends she can figure it out again because i for sure do not have the money to buy wins. All I am saying is not all the children are the same.
Thanks cody

My post was not directed as a jab at  younger drivers, or wealthy ones, there are plenty of good kids and their parents and guys/ladies with big bucks out there racing having fun and keeping things in perspective.  However, (in the south at least) I scratch my head at  all these folks who show up to the races with the $150,000+ full size haulers, four cars, hired pitcrew etc.... all for what is supposed to be a fun, INEXpensive, form of racing. There is also a breed of folks down here determined to make their kid the next NASCAR star at any cost. I am pretty much a newb to Legends, but have heard from others about certain folks soaking tires, bypassing seals etc... all in an effort to rack up as many wins they can before jumping up to bigger things.  It's these folks that USL seems to now cater to since they always want shiny new go fast parts, and will spend a premium on them.

Anyway, my frustration is not out of jealousy of these guys. Rather, it's that I spent a good chunk of money on what I thought was a budget friendly class that is now getting as expensive to run as a Limited Late Model.       

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »
Briz81 couldn't agree more.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2013, 05:31:22 pm »
As Briz81 said, neither was my earlier post directed as a jab at younger drivers and besides that, Briz81 summed it up as well as could be said.  The ways things are going, I could buy a street stock complete with engine for what these cars are going for these days and still have some money to boot.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline racerdad

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2013, 06:03:47 pm »
I did not think it was a jab at all the kid that race I just wonted to remind you that there are family's that race that just won't to race. If you think it's bad in legends you should go to some of the big quarter midget races. The kids are racing 4 or 5 cars and some of the engines have close to what we pay for a legends motor.
Thanks cody

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »
As Briz81 said, neither was my earlier post directed as a jab at younger drivers and besides that, Briz81 summed it up as well as could be said.  The ways things are going, I could buy a street stock complete with engine for what these cars are going for these days and still have some money to boot.

Oh come on Mark, you know you wouldn't be happy in a street stock.
This is still the best bang for the buck in racing.
The mothership may be making some wrong turns, and it's up to us to inform them of it, but it's still the best out there I believe.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »
Jim,   I was only using  it as an example as the costs of racing these cars just keeps escalating, but then again I guess everything else seems to also.  I can tell you for a fact that I could put together a complete street stock with a decent engine for about $4000.  But then again, at my age the Legends cars are much easier to work on and I don't plan on changing classes anytime soon.  And you're right, it 's up to all of us to provide feedback to the mothership at USCL to right the ship.  If we all just sit silent, they will just do as they please.  ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »
I have been around a long time, in the big picture not much has changed. The biggest cost is motor and tires unless like everything else you crash. The motor rebuilds are around 3K for a full rebuild, tires have been $99 since I dont know when, the price of everyday expenses has went through the roof leaving alot less to race on. The big dollar teams have been around since forever. I remember when Reed Sorenson showed up in a hauler and watched cartoons while his crew wrenched on the car. Honestly there will always be big money and that will not change.  We all have opinions of what is right and wrong. I ahve seen alot of changes, people come and go. Race within your means and enjoy it.

anything