Author Topic: Inex rule changes 2013  (Read 95852 times)

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
Re: Inex rule changes 2013
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2013, 10:19:59 am »
Interesting about the builder in Canada. He is closer to me than Charlotte. Is there any rule in place saying that he can only build motors in Canada, or can he do any engines? Would save me from having to ship to NC when I can drive 3 hours to Ottawa.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

knoxracing

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2013, 10:33:44 am »
Brad,  you would have to call Chad or GE and discuss it. Also, not sure on pricing or border crossing issues. 

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:51 am »
Interesting about the builder in Canada. He is closer to me than Charlotte. Is there any rule in place saying that he can only build motors in Canada, or can he do any engines? Would save me from having to ship to NC when I can drive 3 hours to Ottawa.

As long as it is an "appoved" INEX seal, it looks like you can take to any three of the facilities for re-certification.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2013, 10:52:38 am »
Thanks. I am not sure if the border crossing would be an issue either, I was just think the 3-4 hour drive is a lot better than 12 to Charlotte.

Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2013, 11:06:45 am »
My question is what are they going to do when a lot of people just don't do it? I have talked with several people around here that said that they are just not going to do it. I don't think that they are illegal, it's just they don't want to spend money on something that they are not getting anything out of it. What happens if we the customers refuse to have this done? I don't think a track owner will send half his field home for it because it makes no difference to him. I don't have the answer but I do this for the fun of it and I'm not planning on spending $200-$300 so that USLC can feel better about what I have. They better figure something out because everyone that I have talked to about is pissed off and not going to do it. Maybe a hit in the pocket like that would make them change there mind. Probable not.

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 11:14:01 am »
Here is the part of the bulletin that interests this post:

All Legend Car Engines with clear plastic seals, green (old style) seals, blue (old style) seals or silver (old style) seals must be sent in to the US Legends Engine shop (or INEX approved location) for inspection & re-sealing prior to the 2014 racing season. o The shipping fee for all engines remains capped at $200.00. Additionally your tech fee will be waived if the engine passes. Please contact the Engine Shop at 705-455-3896 ext. 228 to schedule an appointment sometime before the start of the 2014 season.

Note the underlined part.

Robert

So, INEX has now changed the time frame of the mandated re-certification of the  INEX sealed engine to prior the 2014 racing season. Well that only did one thing, changed the amount of time you have to pay for shipping and possibly a "tech fee" to USLCI so they can change your seals.

This is still a bad deal, we all know that there are only a small percentage that build cheater engines behind the seals, but the majority of us are going to have to pay for the re-certification of every engine because of them.

There is nothing that cannot be checked at the track, the old seals removed and the new seals installed. There are bore gauges that go into the spark plug hole, a gauge for checking the holes of the cam gears, there is a profile tool for the cams and the pans can be pulled to inspect for lightened rods or cranks, carbs & headers removed to check for posting of the head. Hell if we really want to get technical the Whistler can be brought out of the closet and the compression ratio can be checked.

The only thing that cannot be checked without removing the cylinder head is the piston/deck height. If that one thing is all that is not checked, that one thing is not going to allow an engine to make any more than a marginal amount more horsepower due to the increased compression ratio. But that can be determined by the Whistler...

We now know the shipping is capped at $200, I just spoke with Brian in the engine shop and the tech fee is $150.00. If the engine is found to be legal, they are going to way the tech fee which includes the labor and gaskets required to put the engine back together. But from there if it is illegal, for any reason, the cost goes up from there.

So far just the shipping cost alone are going to eat up your $40.00 entry for five events alone and the engine has not even out of you car yet...

I will say this again, I know all of my posts will make it to those in charge at the mother ship, and I stand behind my comments. This is a raw deal that has been put in place, just like the other decision on brakes, because those who choose to cheat and beat all of the "regular" racers. Now the regular racers have to pony up the money to stay competitive in the brake department or pony up the money to stay racing with a sealed engine.

But, just like I have said all along, "we are paying to play in their sandbox"

The question is now... is it worth paying them to keep playing in their sandbox?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:27 pm »
The way I read the statment from INEX none of the rules will be in effect until they annouce a date. Is this the way you guys read it?
I'll probably have to bring my own friends!!!!!!

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:24 pm »
I just don't see the big issue about this since they delayed the timing. Most likely you have run your engine last year, and now your going to race another year on it... That engine is going to be ready for a rebuild anyways... Just my 2 cents

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:55 pm »
how many of these motors that go down to get resealed will get a call from engine shop saying, you know you could use.........and why not get it done while we have it apart.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:39 pm »
Randy,  I argee with your last statement 100%.....However, like Chad replied, there is a good chance that some of these engines will be due for a rebuild after the completion of this upcoming season and it would be the perfect time to have both seals updated and whatever parts replaced that need to be replaced.  And yes, the others that dont' require a rebuild should be able to checked at the track by a QUALIFIED  Inex inspector and then resealed with proper seals.     Just my two cents... :)

Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »
NOT dIRECTED AT ANY INDIVIDUAL!!!!!

If you or whoever run a sealed engine it is going to need a rebuild correct ? If you or whoever  have OLD seals it has not been rebuilt in atleast 2 full seasons correct? Now this will be the third FULL season? Unless you have a sealed motor as a back up with old seals and are upset. How could your motor NOT need rebuilt? OH, maybe someone else is rebuilding these motors and it would now have to go back to be opened up and folks are worried. COME ON, the  seals will be atleast THREE years old soon correct.

knoxracing

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »
Irace,
 As per my last post, if your motor has OLD seals, when was it rebuilt and how many races are on it??? We rebuild our motors every 25 races (approx). Maybe thats why we have few problems with our sealed engines, we rebuild them too often.  Now seriously, my question is this, lets here from the guys with old seals, other than having a spare engine with old seals how could you NOT have over 30 races on it, please guys I am not being cocky, lets hear it, lets hear these motor scenarios and why your old sealed motor will not need rebuilt by this time next year.

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »
i understand what your saying dennis, but lets take me for a example, i have two boys one bando one legends, two sealed motors for both, we only run the shootout, because we are self funded and that is twice as much each time so 10 races is plenty for us, now if your telling me 600s motors are not going to get 30 or 40 race days out of them something is wrong with there product.
ROB

knoxracing

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2013, 02:37:17 pm »
Rob,
I am NOT saying you can not get thirty or forty races and there will be exceptions to having an old sealed motor. I am saying that 90% of the motors with old seals would certainly need to be rebuilt by the end of 2013.  If you are racing the shootout with a 30 race old engine are you competitive, just asking? 

knoxracing

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:40 pm »
Duh on me!
Rob if you run the shootout you can take your sealed motor or whole car straight to USLC and have them check it and reseal it. No freight involved, not sure why this would effect you?