Author Topic: Engines  (Read 4184 times)

Offline EJR51

• facebook.com/ericjonesracing
Engines
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:01:29 am »
I couldn't find the original post where someone was talking about the lack of quality from USLC Engine Shop.  Sent the motor down there, had a complete rebuild done on a motor that had 14 races on it...

Go out for practice on Monday and on the first lap... BOOM, motor blows due to what appears to be a crank failure.  The motor came out of the engine shop less than 1 month before it let go, while we had absolutely no motor issues at all last year.  Gotta love it.

Eric Jones
#51 FreedomBehindTheWheel.org
Virginia

knoxracing

Re: Engines
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:41 am »
Crank failure happens. Have you discussed the situation with Chad in the engine shop, he has been VERY helpful to guys with problems following a rebuild. He cares about the engines leaving USLC, IF YOU NEED ANY HELP PLEASE CALL ME!!!!!! If you intend on rebuilding or buying I WILL HELP YOU  TO CORRECT THIS WITH THE LOWEST COST ALLOWED TO A DEALER! Please do not think I am trying to sell you anything, I will be happy to help with calling USLC if you need help! You can call me or e-mail me.

This statement is not referring to you, I am passing this on as info. guys if you take a hard hit, especially front end. Do yourself a favor and have the crank replaced on your next rebuild. I have seen multiple cars wrecked, the car is put back together and boom the crank breaks, or the engine gets rebuilt after the car was wrecked and boom the crank beaks. I talked with a couple builders, it has to be form the impact on the drive shaft.

anything