Author Topic: Wiring help  (Read 7747 times)

Offline racerdad

Wiring help
« on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:32 pm »
Trying to fix the nightmare that is the wiring in my car. I have a 600 harness there is a red light and green light wiring. They go to the senser in the back of the pan and one wire to the white block for the shifter ( gear select )   Do I need these I do not have these lights.  Can I cut the wire at the senser and white block.  I have gear indicator but that has different wiring harness
Thanks cody

Offline chadvarner85

Re: Wiring help
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:47 am »
The green light is for the stock nuetrual indicator. If you have a digital gear indicator you wont need the wire. The red light is the stock oil pressure waring light. If you dont have these lights I would get rid of the wire. But I always leave a small amount of wire so that in the future it can be hooked back up. I was thinking the oil pressure wire could be unplugged but your could have been modified.

Offline racerdad

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
Thanks I was hoping I could get rid of some of the wires

Does any one know the name of the tool to get the wires out of the stock 600 fire wall conector. I know there is alot of different tools i just do not know witch one I need
Thanks cody

knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:27 am »
The harness is a fairly simple harness. Yes there are extra wire, I would not remove them from the harness connector. If you sort the wiring out and straighten it all out there really is not much there. Tidy it up and ty wrap it neatly. You never know when you may want an extra wire. That harness is expensive, I just hate to see you cut it up.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:28 pm »
I'm with Dennis on this. Although I think I get where you are going.
I have seen the tool on eBay, just don't remember the name of it.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:37 pm »
I believe the tool you are looking for would be either of the top two tools in link below...

http://www.crawfordtool.com/amp.html

You may want to call and ask before ordering.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

anything