Author Topic: Rear shock/spring adjuster nut...  (Read 20156 times)

Offline Shawnben

Re: Rear shock/spring adjuster nut...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 09:07:30 pm »
Moving the rr shock which way gives more bite?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 12:45:40 am »
Moving it inboard. 
From what I understand,  it has to do with the steeper angle effectively changing the effect of the spring.
Note that I specified "using the same spring".
Usually; the steeper the angle, the heavier the spring needs to be to compensate.

I'll see if I can locate more info for you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 03:37:54 pm »
Maybe a dumb question (since I don't actually have a car yet) but is the shock mount a clamp on one, or is it welded on?  How much wiggle room is in the rules regarding moving the coilover mounts?  On my modified the builder had me put the left spring slider in front of the axle tube and right rear behind (3 link suspension). 

On the right rear mounting point, I would pull the coilover off and use a floor jack to raise up the corner to see what angle it moves upward at.  The spring will have the most effect when it is compressing in a straight line, so you can play around with different locations and see what will work best before attaching anything permanently.     

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 07:16:11 pm »
is the shock mount a clamp on one, or is it welded on?  How much wiggle room is in the rules regarding moving the coilover mounts? 

welded.

2007 Legends Rule Book.
rule #64 , Shocks may be turned upside down and/or the upper part of the rear shock may be mounted on either side ( inside or outside ) of the frame.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 09:51:08 pm »
6th,   so yours look like this \ \ when looked at from the rear?  Mine have both been on the outside, but I am planning on mounting the RR on the inside with the smallest spacer that will work.  LR will be mounted on the outside with a 1/2" spacer between the shock and frame.

Nothing ventured, nothing learned.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 03:20:40 am »
Hi John,
 First; I would suggest you get, or download a copy of the Legends Car Rulebook. You will  be VERY limited by the rules. Not Anything like the mods! Part of the reason our mods were so expensive was because the rules left room for LOTS of "Creative Thinking".   ;D   (Joe  used expensive  part "X", or "did this"; and we all had to try to keep up with racer Joe.)  The Legends rules limit a lot of what you can and can't use, or do. All the major components are sold by 600 Racing, or their dealers. I'm NOT saying you can't "Think Creatively"; Just limited.  ;)

I posted this question over on DCR; and it started quite a heated debate.  ::) (Am I Bad!)  I had seen this same question posted before, and was just asking for a link to the old thread.

Tom,
 I think the spacer idea is interesting!  Try it out in practice; If it doesn't work, it wouldn't take much time to change it back.

Al,
 I knew you would be the guy that would post the rule.  ;D   I REALLY need to go through that rule book!  :-[ :o ;D

As Always,

JMHO

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.