Author Topic: Fire Suit  (Read 7928 times)

Offline steelbullet

Fire Suit
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:05:45 am »
I need a little help guys. I am new to Legends racing ordered a two layer fire suit from K1 racing in XXXL which should have been plenty big by the size chart they had on their website. Received it and it was to short in the inseam and the company stated it was the biggest they sold. Where can I get a two layer suit to fit.  I am 6'2" and 250 pound any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Richie25x

Re: Fire Suit
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:27 am »
You can have K1 make you a  custom suit. it will run you $600-$1000 depending on what you get.

I ordered a 3 layer custom suit from K1 and it cost me $1000 shipped i went through a K1 dealer so i am sure if you do it your self it will be a little cheaper.

They came out great.

Suit
http://hostingbytes.us/images/3/7333731.jpg

Gloves
http://hostingbytes.us/images/3/6031097.jpg

Offline slack11

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:06:12 pm »
Go on ebay and search firesuit..... I have seen some larger suits sell for very cheap  (2-300 dollars) I am betting they were from either the jackmen or the fuel men on the pit crew.   

They usually have the sizes within the description. These are usually top of the line brand names too (Sparco, simpson, etc.)

Last winter I picked up a MTO Simpson suit (1300 suit) for 85 bucks on ebay....... I pulled the name off the belt and now it is "custom" for me........

That would be the cheapest way to get one.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »
Try this raceimage.com they have every size that you can think of.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »
It's a little harder to get a suit that fits properly when your big and tall. Just like buying clothing.
I'm lucky that I am a small guy. Bought my current suit on eBay. But a medium, 32" inseam is pretty easy to find. 2 layer, Simpson for less than $100, and looks like new. I also had time to shop around for it. Tried to buy Rhonda a suit (in a hurry) and struck out. Had to buy her a new suit in a larger size to fit her long legs and broad shoulders. If you have a race shop near you so that you can try on suits, you are a lucky guy! You might take your measurements and see if some of the online or catalog shops have a suit that will fit you. Big and tall will likely cost you a bit more. A good fitting suit is well worth the money! Wish I had better info for you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:25:46 am »
Here is a good site I found awhile back. All the suits they make are custom taylored, and at a great price. http://www.awesomeracewear.com/nomexracesuits/standard%20nomex%20race%20suits/standard%20nomex%20race%20suits.html. But I have not done business with them yet so you might look into the company a little bit just to be safe.

anything