Author Topic: Hey Wisconsin drivers, dirt and asphalt  (Read 8156 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Hey Wisconsin drivers, dirt and asphalt
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:48:19 pm »
Has been some talk that drivers would like to do some tar and some dirt, a little series of sorts.
Anybody on here interested in doing something like that? Figure 6-8 races, half on dirt, half on asphalt

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ethan54

Re: Hey Wisconsin drivers, dirt and asphalt
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:27:32 am »
Interesting idea. I'd really like it if it were at columbus or the dells for tar tracks. Maybe even through slinger in for one. Not really a fan of the track at madison, but will just have to see if anything results from this. Would be really neat if it were split 4 dirt tracks / 4 tar. Not sure what the schedule looks like for us dirt guys but we have at least BD and Angell. Tar would be awesome if we could split it up at madison, dells, columbus, slinger. Just a random idea throwing it out there for what its worth  8)
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline Team Zero

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:06:03 am »
I love the Idea! :)
Brian Peterson

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »
Sounds like a great idea to me....However, all must keep in mind the following.  Madison will be racing Sunday afternoons, 7 shows only to choose from, and since will be afternoon shows, you will have to get up early to prep and get there on time.  Could also conflict with Sun Prairie shows.  Dells tenatively has 9 races for Legends so far on Saturday nights, but obviously conflicts with Beaver.  Columbus may be a good possibility, but has yet to respond to latest requests.  Slinger would love to have 4-5 Legends shows per year, but would probably need a sponsor to make payout worthwhile, as track owner often cuts payout in half based on some predetermined number in his head.   Tar series is also potentially scheduling a new challenge series with Minnesota cars at the newly reopened Tomah Speedway north of Mauston.
Whatever we come up with, I'm in! ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:26 am »
Sounds like it would be a good deal, but I don't have the money for the tires and springs to run tar unless I could get enough sponsor money to help out with the added costs. Looks like I will have to stay on dirt and run on Saturday nights at Beaver Dam as I am not able to run on Sunday nights at Sun Prairie due to work schedule.

Scott