Author Topic: Brake Update  (Read 86992 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Brake Update
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:26 am »
Anybody have a couple races under their belt with the new brakes?
Wondering how much of an advantage they are other than the big weight savings
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2013, 10:13:13 am »
I don't know which wheel my teammate was running when he had problem for sure but he does usually run Bassets. His feed back was that they work very well with the stock pad but understand we are running on a 4/10 mile track with little brake needed. I plan on buy a set soon (hint-hint Jim) and I run them at Shenandoah Speedway which is a lot like Lake Erie Speedway. I will be using a lot more brake at a track like that.  I will find out for sure which wheel he had on his car though.

Sarge #77
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

knoxracing

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2013, 09:49:25 am »
We tested 2 cars at Lake Erie Speedway on Sunday, both cars that had the new brakes performed really well. We had no issues, they brakes well, the calipers released perfectly. We ran all day with zero issues.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2013, 02:28:32 pm »
I ran my first race with them Friday, and love them. the only bad thing I could say is I think the BP-10 pads are not aggressive enough. I am getting a set of the bp-20's to try, and I think they will be better. There are also several other compounds available, so time and testing will tell.

I also think this is a driver preference piece, so others might really like the bp-10, but I wanted a bit more...

Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline racerdad

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2013, 04:13:06 pm »
Has any one had any problem with the new brakes dragging hard on the rotor when you come in after a race or practice. We raced last night and I had to push the pistons back in every time she came in. This is the same thing that I was dealing with with the old brakes. Is there anything else that could do this.
Thanks cody

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »
Has any one had any problem with the new brakes dragging hard on the rotor when you come in after a race or practice. We raced last night and I had to push the pistons back in every time she came in. This is the same thing that I was dealing with with the old brakes. Is there anything else that could do this.
Thanks cody

I had same problem with my brakes(not new calipers)  I had my brake pedal to tight and it was keeping pressure on.
Loosen up the rod that goes in to your master and loosen up the bolts on the side of the pedal.
I was told you want some free play in the pedal.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2013, 05:30:38 pm »
Sounds like a bad master cylinder to me. We had two go bad in Florida where we were using a ton of brakes. Never had one fail at our local track but we never use much brake at home.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline racerdad

« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2013, 12:18:30 am »
Today I checked to see if the rotors were hard to movie in the garage and they were free. Pushed the pedal 2 or 3  times and then checked and the rotors were hard to turn. Now they will not turn more than a 1/4 or 1/2 a turn when you spin the rotor. But if you remove the pads or just push the pistons in the rotor will turn 2 or more full turns ( nice and free ).
Will check the pedal and rod.
Have been trying to talk to willwood but have been on hold all day. Will keep updateing as I find out more.
Thanks cody

Offline racerdad

« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2013, 09:49:20 am »
You were right the pedal was to tight and holding it on at the very end of the throw. Now when I pulled the brake apart to clean bearings the threads in the new braket for the willwood brakes pulled out. Hopping I can put a keensert in it.
Thanks cody

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2013, 02:01:09 pm »
has any one had trouble with the pads walking out of the calipers with the new front setup?

knoxracing

« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2013, 09:10:20 pm »
We have raced them for several weeks with no issues. I have asked USLC what they are hearing, they have had very few issues. Mostly with installation errors and pad selection. Please keep us posted on your issue, its good to hear the good AND bad with new products.

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2013, 02:03:28 pm »
well what can i do to keep the pads from sliding out toward the wheel bearings ive had it happen once in a race now and back  when i was breaking the pads in on the street.

knoxracing

« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »
I am not following. The pads are held in by the clips pin. How could they come out past the clip pin?

Offline erich17

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2013, 09:53:33 pm »
If interested I have the complete new brake setup with 1 test day probably 35 laps on them for sale. Msg me if your interested.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:15 am »
Why are you selling after just 1 race/practice?

Robert

anything