Author Topic: How You Doing? 2013  (Read 38807 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2013
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2013, 12:09:14 am »
Richie,

Sounds like a pretty good night.
Good Luck on the big money races. Should be an interesting race.
Be Safe!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »
Rain out #3 on Saturday. chance of rain is steady at 70-80%

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:35 pm »
Been the same most everywhere. I hope things will improve weatherwise very soon. Warm and partly sunny out here in the northwest.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 12:43:14 am »
Congratulations to Teddy Hough on his heat win!!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 07:28:40 am »
Congratulations to Gerad on his 2nd place finish!

Steve

Offline canabl

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:40 am »
We took new car out and after a quick scale up, it was a little loose for what I'm used to, made a quick adjustment for second heat, started 12th and made it back to fourth. Reverse grid feature saw me out of ninth, after a desperado move late in the feature, I got hit in the left side while running round the outside of everyone. Was then stuck for four laps trying to get past an erratic driver for a podium but finished fourth missing out on a drag up the finish hill straight by a bumper bar.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:11 am »
Adam,

Well.......... The new car and paint are worked in now. lol! Sorry!!!
4th place is a good finish with the new car. Learn and move up. ;)

Steve

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »
This past Saturday car was a rocket ship.  Fastest in practice car had awesome speed.  got a bad call and parked my car in disgust.
Officials were after me for some reason. Hours before practice they said my tires were illegal and i was not allowed to run them and they were going to take tire sample from then after race.
The bad call did not surprise me.  I had enough for the night.  On to this week. Didn't have to do much to car but maintenance.
$1,000 up for grabs!!!!!

Here is the video of my so called "Rough Riding" call. they sent me from 5th to dead last 27th. I did not bother and parked the car.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49:53 pm »
Is anyone racing besides Adam and Richie?  ;D
This is usually one of the more popular threads for people to post their experiences for the race week.

Steve

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 11:36:28 am »
Well we came back strong and won the big $1,000 race with the NASCAR whelen modified tour in town.  It was an amazing night of racing.
Did not get to see the blunderbust race they  had 1 or 2 yellow flags for 30 laps.  i timed 3rd and redrew pole from the top 8 redraw.
We went green to checker and i lead all 30!!!!!  The modified tour race was one of the best i have seen in years!!!! Cant believe it what an awesome night.
This is my first legends win we are very excited to finally pull it off.
First i have to thank my dad. This would not be possible with out him this win is for him and i can not thank him enough!!! have to thank my sponsors SAM Mechanical heating & ac. Thriftway auto body. Thank you to Jeff Jordan from http://www.rpmproformance.com/index.html for the awesome chassis and motor. Have to thank Nick Pistone from Little race cars for the cut tires. Also Richie Coy for the draco springs!!!. and Freddie Kraft for the good luck!!!! Couldn't ask for a better night of racing legends race went green to checker and lead all 30!!! Nascar mod tour was in town and put on a great race as well. Cant wait for next week!!!!!

Sadly i thought i had turned my gopro on.  Pretty bummed that i for got to.  but my dad recorded the race from the fence off turn 4 and there are other guys that video all the races as well!!!!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »
Congratulations!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »
Olah.. congrats and hope you have more in the near future !

~G~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »
Congratulations Richie!!!
Glad you didn't have the gremlins of the past few races.

Steve

Offline canabl

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »
We have a small winter series here that was run last weekend. took out the new car for a shakedown and try our setup on our local track.
Car performed well but handling was like a bucket of turd so back to the drawing board on that one.
Managed a third and a second in my heats including a small bingle that gave the new car some more character in the heat race.
Was a very slick rough track for feature and was up to second on restart but had outside line and too much power to hook up in the marbles, only to be taken out earlu in the race destroting a few parts in the process, hopefully can get all the wrecks out of the way before we start in October.
A video from our resident camera man of the event, my incars always make the film.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 11:05:21 pm »
Off for a much needed vacation in 2 days. Looking forward to meeting some of our members along the way! Can't wait to catch the race at Springfield, MO next Saturday!!!!
I've got phone numbers programed in my phone. I will call you all as we get near.

My car is still moving forward. Slower progress than I would like to see. Guess I can't complain too much, as it is a sponsorship deal. Rear clip repaired, Roof bars are in and door rs are being built. Best I can hope for at this point.

Steve

anything