Author Topic: Seat opinions?  (Read 21812 times)

Offline Richie25x

Re: Seat opinions?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 06:30:30 am »
Hey,
  Didn't mean to start anything.... Just looking for some opinions.

I live 30 minutes from the kirkey factory, so wouldn't have to pay shipping on the kirkey.  The 68 series seat from kirkey without cover is 565 on their website.  Not real concerned with the cover, figure I'm not in the car for a long enough period of time to need the cover. 

Would love to stay around 5-600, 900 is do-able, but I gotta recheck the pricing with the lajoie, could have sworn they told me 1300 a couple of months ago.  That is out of the budget..... 

Anyone use a butler full containment seat?  If they are a nice seat would be nice to spend 400 less and use that for some other things......

the 68 series may be to much lay back degree wise. my friend had a 69 series in his legend before he got a lajoie diamond and it fit very well in his legend. the 68 series is 18 degree lay back the 69 series is 10 degree layback.

Offline slack11

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 08:59:37 am »
I actually need the 20 degree layback.... Bought a ultrashield 10 degree and tried it in my coupe, and it put my head too far above the roll bars.  I'm 6-2 and need the extra layback to get my head down.   The lajoie that I had was a 20 degree, but that was in my sedan.   I also like to layback a little rather than sit straight up,  I came through karts and you basically lay down in the karts now, just kinda got used to that.

Anyone on here use a butler built full containment?

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 01:29:01 pm »
I actually need the 20 degree layback.... Bought a ultrashield 10 degree and tried it in my coupe, and it put my head too far above the roll bars.  I'm 6-2 and need the extra layback to get my head down.   The lajoie that I had was a 20 degree, but that was in my sedan.   I also like to layback a little rather than sit straight up,  I came through karts and you basically lay down in the karts now, just kinda got used to that.

Anyone on here use a butler built full containment?

Wow. my lajoie is 18-20 or so and i can barely fit in my car with it mounted all the way back and just a few inched above floor.  I am 5, 8 and am a little bit crunched in my coupe. i also come from karts everything low and layed down lol.

Most of the butler containment are to big for legends. i tried my friends butler that came out of a modified in my car and it would not fit.  you would need to get the legends or sprint car specific butler containment.

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 08:33:25 am »
Sorry to bring this thing back from the dead but have any of yall used the Ultra Shield VS Halo? Looking for it to go in my sedan. I'm 5-6 140lb so head room is a non issue. Also, when changing seats out, will they fit through the door or do you have to do something special?
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 08:42:49 am »
Seat should fit through the door. You may need to adjust your head supports and seat position. I have the halo because I got a good deal on it from Dave.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:36 am »
What is the correct angle? 10* or  20*
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 09:35:29 am »
Seat angle will likely depend on driver comfort, head room, etc... I'll leave that to the seat guru types.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:23 pm »
Just what Steve said. I use a 20 but my teammate uses a 10.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:52 pm »
Being smaller (no offense) you have more options. Just play around with it until you feel the most comfortable.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:40 pm »
Been small my whole life....can't offend me LOL!
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline Cspidle90

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 05:04:54 pm »
I run the 20 degree halo from ultra shield. Very nice seat for the price compared to other competitors
Spidle Motorsports #09
Central PA Legends