Author Topic: light weight everything...  (Read 6924 times)

Offline amp racing

light weight everything...
« on: April 13, 2013, 01:03:23 pm »
i have noticed in the legends series now a lot of items are light weight.. light weight items equals more money most of the time.. i know if you don't want to use it don't buy it... rims, springs, brakes, bodies,seats, bearings.. ect.. anyone else see this happening?

joe

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: light weight everything...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:55 pm »
Its been the trend in racing for a while, I think USLC is finally allowing it to happen with the Legends
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 05:22:08 pm »
Kind of like the new Wilwood front brakes.  Supposedly 15# lighter yet brake pad at this time does not seem like it will last as long or work as good as the brakeman pads.  I guess only time will tell.  So as of today,  the only thing we seem to be gaining is lighter weight with better calipers for another $400.    Yes, we do not have to buy them, but now with the #15 weight savings it looks like all asphalt racers will have to go with the flow as they say.   And if you really think about it, we all had brakes that functioned without spending $400..... ::)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »
Joe,

As Jim said, "It's been the trend for a while". Everyone wants to keep their cars as light as possible. It helps that weight to power ratio.
15 pounds is a pretty good chunck of weight savings. That aside, I think the brake calipers themselves will be a benefit. Downside is that it will just be a matter of time before some people start buying more aggressive brake pads and upgrading the new brake system. Just the nature of the game.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:34:45 pm »
The guys that have more money to spend than you, will have more money to spend. It's just kind of the way it is.
Do your best to tune and set up your car. Be consistant.
I have faith that you will do well this season.  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything