LEGENDS > Lubrication

Any one use the new Mobile One full synthetic bike racing oil?

(1/3) > >>

gbmetcalf:
I bought this and was thinking of replacing my castrol 20/50 oil with the Mobile One.
Anyone use it and what are your results? is it better? or just more expensive?

Brian

justfreaky:
Brian,
 I plan to use the Mobile 1. Check out the thread about Royal Purple. Whichever oil one chooses, make sure it is compatible with the wet clutch system.
 You'll get lots of different oppinions. All part of the great oil debate. Been going on for years; and is likely to continue.

Steve

VMS Motorsports:
Here is a link to the Amsoil White paper tests for motorcycle oils, it helped me make my decision...and remember, wanna buy Amsoil??? Just let me know!

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

qweedqwag:
I have used Mobile One from several races now cause I got a smoking deal at Walmart after the manager siad that they never sell 15-50 and hooked me up with 14 quarts for fourty bucks. I really beleive most oil today is good oil as long as you change your engine oil every 2-3 races, synthetic I beleive takes the heat better and does not break down as fast, I have always noticed the conventional oil always had sort of a burnt smell after 2-3 races though.

Good luck with your choice.

Mike.

VMS Motorsports:
I would never go more than one night on conventional oil again. Thats what I was using at the beginning, and after one night it was burnt. Thats when I switched to synthetic .Now I go every 3, unless the track is really wet, then 2 nights. Maybe its different on asphalt, I would imagine us dirt guys run hotter with all the mud plastered over everything!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version