Author Topic: 2013 Promotions to "Pro"  (Read 14146 times)

knoxracing

Re: 2013 Promotions to "Pro"
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:33:42 am »
First year in Legends, i wouldnt give a rats ass what people think about the list, I would be taken off the pro list. No shame in it, fair is fair and being moved to pro is not fair to you. The nail was hit squarely, pro division is way down so they are moving a bunch of guys up. To me you have to ask yourselves how would you do at a national event, if you (anyone) feels they could compete with the fastest cars in the nation, then by all means accept the move.  it is not the end of the world, but it could make a difference in your world. i do not believe once you go pro you can go anywhere except masters at 40. Not back to S.P.

Offline slack11

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28:53 pm »
I may write a email and ask INEX... Seems to me if I haven't been placed there, I should be able to move back, until INEX deems me to be a "pro".  Is there somewhere in the rules that explains this?  I have never seen this, and if it is not there, it seems as if they should allow movement until they say that I am "good enough" to be placed there, rather than choose to be there. 

again, on a weekly basis it makes no difference, just if I do choose to attend a national event.  Not sure if that will ever happen, but may as well be put in the correct category if I do.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »
from the 2012 rulebook:

INEX reserves the right to place any driver into a different division (up or down) at its own discretion at any time. A driver cannot change division at the track the same day of a race and cannot change points and/or classification prior to official division change by INEX headquarters.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline slack11

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 02:30:56 pm »
huh.....

Doesn't say that I cannot switch prior to a season though.......

Maybe I'll write an email and ask, or just switch it on the application and see if it works.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »
With the possibility of the asphalt nationals coming north this coming year, I have thought about going.... By moving myself to pro, am I stuck there, or can I just recheck the box as semi pro on this year's application?
You cannot go back to Semi-pro, only choice is to move to Masters when you're old enough
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »
First year in Legends, i wouldnt give a rats ass what people think about the list, I would be taken off the pro list.

That depends on their racing history. If you've been racing karts since you were 5, came out this year and did well your first year, there could be reason to move you up.
There were 3 guys in WI whose first year in Legends was this year, but they all have many years of prior racing experience, and did not belong in semi-pro by any stretch of the imagination. At least one of them will have to move up because he won a feature in one of his 5 races.

But again, it doesnt matter unless going to a National event or a big tar show down south, we all run together on a normal race night, no matter what letter is on your fender.

If INEX telling me I have to go "Pro" makes me focus on the racing side of things, and not just the business side, maybe it's a good thing.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »
Jim,

Just consider yourself to be the seasoned 'PRO' veteran that you are and be proud of it!  ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 11:16:48 pm »
The way I read the rule, INEX, can approve you to go back to SP if they choose to. If you desire to do so, I would write a letter to John Hagen and explain why you feel you should be allowed.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer