Author Topic: Used Car value  (Read 15069 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Used Car value
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
Congratulations, welcome to Legends.
Where are you going to race?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:21:39 pm »
Congratulations Chris!
Hope you will post some pics for us when she ready to race.

Chris lives in Canada and, according to his messages, will be racing at Montana Raceway Park just north of Kalispell, Montana.
They have a 1/4 mile oval inside, 3/8 miles outside, Asphalt track there.

Best Of Luck in 2013!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline 1934sedan

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »
Yes I will wen I have the car ready to go.

Thanks.
Guys

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »
I'll have to come up and watch you race.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:17 am »
If you could get a good car for $9,000 thats a steal. I know someone who just sold all three of their cars, best of the best. They got $18,000 each for two cars and $15,000 for the other car. After you build a car from the ground up you realize how much you have into a good car. We have three cars and if I were to ever sell them I would be between the $12,000 and $15,000 area depending on how many races on engines.

If you take care of your car and put the time a lot of time into take a second to think about it, you can buy a brand new car from USLC for around $15,000-16,000? After you buy that car you probably put another $5-6,000 into it with putting better parts on the car. I understand times are tough but there is nothing cheap about Legends Cars anymore.

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 09:00:46 am »
Those cars brought that money was based on who drove them, National championship cars, yes they were quality cars.  As a dealer I have to watch what sells and what it is bringing and why.  I agree a TOP quality over the edge car will cost $22K to HAVE built. I sold a car that beat that championship car and ran door to door at e few events with him for 10K.  Todd this statement is not directed to you, its a statement for those that do not know this--- Typically when a car leaves a set up shops team, the team owner has a signed contract that allows him to REMOVE any specialty components INCLUDING the set-up. I am talking about house cars, not cars that a racer brings to be set up and takes  home, I am talking cars that are stabled and maintained by a shop. I have had several cars brought to me that were purchased from teams as HOUSE CARS, the set up was changed, lead was removed, along with some other things.  Selling a used Legend car for 12K to 15K is not easy in TODAYS MARKET and is not typical.  Four years ago teams were building 22K cars right and left, today they are doing one here and there, so resale is off.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 09:37:20 am »
I just think people are selling cars to cheap. But then again it depends on the parts you have in the cars as well, a car with Napa brake parts compared to a car with complete Brake Man parts of equivalent racing brakes.A car with a stock steering column compared to a car with an RPM ProComp Column with a Sweet Mfg disconnect.

I know someone who just purchased a brand new car from 860MotorSports for $25k which has labor involved but that's why Legends cars are different now. In order to compete up front at a national level the price is a lot more. All I am saying if you were to add up everything from the ground up, $9,000 for a good car is a steal.

Big Teams/House Cars vs. Self is a big argument of late. Many people that race around us always make comments and such because we choose to be involved with a big team. By no means does this make us superior in any way but its something I choose to do.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:29 am »
I agree Todd. I have been fortunate to have made alot of friends and have helped alot the big teams with parts sales and it has helped me to compete with these teams.  The advantage the teams have is they run multiple cars 40 races a year plus. They can ginny pig daily, lol.

anything