Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 32150 times)

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
Re: Brakes
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »
Any news on the new brakes? Winter Nationals done come and gone.

Robert

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »
As of  Feb 4, they said 4-6 weeks.
That was last I heard
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 04:44:43 pm »
I heard mid-March a couple of weeks back when I was at US Legends.

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:16 am »
From the welcome letter from John Haggan on the 600 website.

The Parts department is proud to announce the arrival of a new front Wilwood disc brake package.  Order yours today!!  We also have already released the new forged spindles for sale.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

knoxracing

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 07:50:45 am »
The  "arrival" part of that sentence is in theory only. The brakes are still on order and will not be available until early april I am told. (7:30 a.m. 03/08/13). I read it the same way and wanted to place an order, they are not there, so we will wait a little longer.

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:59 am »
now that they will have the fronts  for sale , When will t hey get rid of t hose outdated rears????i know the thunder roadster  has them, but any news for these????how much are the front kits?????and how much are the forged spindle kits????and how much i s the 1/4 steering plate  ????208-353-2283 frank

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:38 am »
now that they will have the fronts  for sale , When will t hey get rid of t hose outdated rears????i know the thunder roadster  has them, but any news for these????how much are the front kits?????and how much are the forged spindle kits????and how much i s the 1/4 steering plate  ????208-353-2283 frank

Frank,

The message posted on the USLCI website is a direct quote from John Haggan saying the parts have "arrived". So maybe it is time to call him directly and see what the cost of these items are and if they are actually available. I know Dennis said the word "arrival" was " in theory", but that is another bad choice of words by the management. That is unless they just want you to pre-order them for shipment when they  arrive. If that was the case, then it should have been posted something like this;  The new INEX/Wilwood brake package has been tested and is being manufactured, the kit will be available in "early April" and we are now accepting pre-orders, call today...

I know for a fact the forged spindles are in stock and have been for months, but they refused to sell them until the depleted the inventory of the cast spindle they had on the shelf.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

knoxracing

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 10:49:49 am »
I agrre Randy, confusing to me. I talked to Ashley at 7:15 A.M. this morning in regards to another issue, he told me they were not there and they were coming in early April. The spindles have been around a while, they only sold them in kit form in the beginning as they were getting rid of the old style bases before they started selling the new ones individually.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »
The new spindle bases are being sold seperately now, I have them in stock.
Don't know why they need $11.00 more for each one, but it is what it is
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 04:11:54 pm »
Jim, they are telling me the material type and process is the reason for that increase. You may know this- I believe the old were cast?  The new are Forged? (or visa versa)

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »
Jim/Dennis
So they are 11.00 more ???And how much is that????I have everything now, But want to maybe convert  to the new forged type.. so how much for just the spindle aluminum part?????how much for the 1/4 " steering plate, and are the brakes an Even $400.00?????or does anyone really know yet??
I s there any chance they are going to get rid of those dinasour rear drums any time soon??????For I know they are available for the thunder cars. why not the legends ??????thanks frank

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 07:36:00 pm »
The forged spindle base is $84.99.
Rack plate is $8.00.
Still no  price on the brakes to the best of my knowledge
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline slack11

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »
I called us legends cars today out of curiosity, I was told they would be right around the 400 dollar mark.  They are trying to get a rough idea of how many to order for their first order. 

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »
They are trying to get a rough idea of how many to order for their first order???  As Randy said, they might as well order 3000 sets of them as once one guy in the field has them, everybody else seems to have to have them too... ::)
Money, money, and more money$$$$$
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 11:14:02 pm »
I called us legends cars today out of curiosity, I was told they would be right around the 400 dollar mark.  They are trying to get a rough idea of how many to order for their first order. 

When I called at the beginning of February, they were 6 weeks out and being produced.
Now they told you they haven't made their first order?
It is a brand new caliper made just for Legends cars by Wilwood, there is no way they were being produced if an order has not been placed by USLC.
One of us got bad information...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100