Author Topic: INEX license question  (Read 8579 times)

Offline Nate4

INEX license question
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »
I was just wondering, is an INEX license required to compete in INEX sanctioned races.  I usually race at some local tracks that are INEX sanctioned but I do not run enough to compete in the national points, just the local track points.  I was considering buying a NASCAR license for my local short track so I can get in at a discounted price and just race for the track championship and save my $135 that I would spend on an INEX license.  If I cannot compete in the INEX sanctioned races, I will just buy the license.  I just wanted to check and see if anyone on here knows if this can be done or they do this themselves?

Thanks,
Nathan Garrett

knoxracing

Re: INEX license question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:00:31 am »
Nathan, you do need an Inex Lic to compete in ANY sanctioned event. Rather these track owners know it and do not care or if they choose to ignore the lic. I do not know. What I do know is that a track owner that signs a sanctioning agreement and fails to require EVERYONE to have a lic. is setting himself up to be sued. It has happened, a driver was injured and a non-licensed driver was involved. K&K insurance, Inex, the track and the non- licensed driver were sued. It settled out of court with the track taking the hit. I saw a racer have a heart attack in a Legend Car, the Inex portion of his insurance paid a good portion of his bills including him being airlifted out. I really do not understand why anyone or any track feels they are doing the right thing by not following the sanctioning and Lic. procedures. The flip side is, Inex PAYS tech inspectors weekly to tech sanctioned races. Also if you have an issue with a tech or another racer, Inex is there to help resolve the issue. Hope this helps!
Dennis Knox
Buckeye legends
330-310-9212

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:56 am »
Some tracks will allow you to race without INEX license just build car counts. As Dennis pointed out, insurance can become a big issue. INEX does allow non-members to race at an extra fee. Talk to your local track owner or tech official to find out their policy.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:27:36 am »
INEX does not, to the best of my knowledge, allow non-licensed competitors to race.
You can buy a temporary license for $50 for one night, but it is still an INEX license
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:40:00 am »
The temporary license is what I was referring to.
Thanks for the clarification Jim.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Racingtrader.ca

• Racing Classifeds
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »
In Nova Scotia our Local Track does not required it but the Local Tour does. Its kind of useless for us. it tracks our national points etc but we are not covered under the insurance. Id like to see a discounted "Canadian rate" if we are not going to get the benefits but are required to have it.
Mark Williams
Owner
Racing Classifieds & Track Forums / Sticker Fool
Tel: 902-448-6903

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:01:16 am »
INEX allows to Non Members to Race with Members...All year long results from Mountain Speedway and Chemung Speedrome with non-members in them and nothing was done about it until several drivers complained. Mountain Speedway did step up and make all drivers get licences but Chemung did not. In their opinion if they buy a track license that is good enough for them. I disagree but I understand their a business and their there to make money. There was a regional qualifier at Chemung and during the drivers meeting several people including myself said the non members should not be allowed to race in this event. The track decided to only start them at the rear of the lineup.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 08:56:40 am »
Todd its tough when the track wont follow the procedures of a legal contract that they signed, I nex can pressure them by letting them know that if they are unwilling to do it right they will be unsanctioned.  When we were at mountain I did a dealer search on every driver there and found a couple that had no lic., I had a nice discussion with the track owner. Going to mountain is an experience thats for sure, lol. That whole line up procedure is the biggest excuse for screwing a new guy that i have EVER seen. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Offline Nate4

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Thanks for the input everyone.  I was not sure about that but I will be sure to renew my license this year like I have always have.  Just for clarification, the track was not letting unlicensed drivers race, I was just wondering if you had to have the license to race.

Thanks