Author Topic: Anything changed since 1997?  (Read 5975 times)

Offline TimJenkins

Anything changed since 1997?
« on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:49 pm »
I'm new to Bandoleros.  I'm starting with an older car.  Has anything changed with the cars since 1997 other than the additional bars beside the footbox and the extra bars in the halo?  Any performance loss/gain from a First Gen car or have they stuck with the same construction?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Anything changed since 1997?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 04:16:36 pm »
Hi Tim,

For the most part they have not changed a lot. Be sure to check out the current rulebook and make sure you have needed updates. New rulebook for 2013 won't come out until March or so. At least make sure you are current with 2012 rules and you should be ok. Not really any performance gains in current rules. Most seem to be more safety related.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline ruttracing15

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »
Our chassis is a 2000 and this year we raced against some of the newer chassis. I seen no difference . Just be up on the handling and check the car over

Offline TimJenkins

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »
Thanks for the advice thus far.

When going through the car, it seemed a bit odd at how the throttle cable attached near the pedal.  At the end of the actual cable was a metal ball that seated into a square block.  Is this a product of an old car or is this still how they do it?  It seems it could be improved if this is still the current practice.

Thanks again.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:40:17 pm »
I believe that is how it is still done.
It's a go kart approach. A cheap and simple way to hook up the throttle. Very similar to the throttle or clutch cable on a motorcycle.
I have a metal rod on my go karts that attach to the pedal itself. The rod then runs back to a spring/tab to provide a spring return to the pedal. The block that holds the cable itself screws onto the end of the rod and the ball on the cable is inserted into the block. Similar approach, just slightly different way to go about it.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline ruttracing15

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:55 pm »
Ours is the same way too

anything