Author Topic: Legend Seat Size  (Read 6779 times)

Offline steelbullet

Legend Seat Size
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:27:47 pm »
I am getting started in the Legend race class. I am 6'2" and 250 lbs what is the biggest seat width and name brand seat I can put into a legend car and still comply with INEX rules.
Thanks

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Legend Seat Size
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:14:43 pm »
You can use any seat brand or style/size , just make sure you get the measurements before you buy, some full containment seats will not fit
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:08 pm »
I am 6 3 @ about 250 and I ran a 17 inch seat with a rap around head brace.  The problem I found is that I have long legs and used a 10 deg. seat to move may A** back as far as you can.  My seat back was against the rear tin all the way to the floor.  Now with that I had to put a longer steering shaft in to move the wheel back...then it was hard to get out. So, a 1.5 inches longer steering shaft and a 1.5 inch spacer on the wheel and then removed the lower nut on the steering shaft big hemi to change the angle.  Now with all this said it does take some time to get us bigger driver into these cars.  Also my buddie that raced too but is shorter than me, but taller from the belt to his head, cound NOT fit into my car...so good luck
Dave

Offline robbie96race

• Robbie Johnston
    • Robbie Johnston Racing
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:47:12 pm »
I am 6' 1" and 235 but I use an 18" seat, I sat in a 17" at USLC and it was too small. It depends on what brand it is and what type.
3rd Place 2013 Sunny South Raceway Semi-Pro/Young Lions Championship
2nd Place 2014 Sunny South Raceway Semi-Pro/Young Lions Championship

anything