Author Topic: Eldora  (Read 16207 times)

Offline rsrr

Re: Eldora
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 02:40:22 pm »
24 cars,dont know finishing order.

Bryan knuckles  from Ohio won. Nelson Stewart had a nasty flip into catch fence but was able to walk away.     Overall a good show met a lot of nice people and there were a lot of fast cars

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »
There were multiple cars found illegal at the end.  I finished 7th or 8th on the track and was pulled into inspection and when I passed, I was told I got 5th.  Really slick track, and my setup was way too loose, but it was a real nice facility and the folks ran a squared away show.  Usually those end of season deals with a dozen classes turn into a cluster, like at Grandview, but both the Eldora folks and the Fast Midwest Legends folks knew what they were doing.  I would recommend running with that group to anyone, and I hope to run with them in the future.  Also with the finishing order, I think Bob Stough got 2nd and Harlan Leppo got 3rd or 4th.  I will post a link to my videos once I get them downloaded to my computer, edited, and uploaded to youtube (Hurricane Sandy permitting).  Another note on the race, once it slicked off for the feature it didn't seem to matter if you were running American Racers, Federals, or BFG's, all seemed equal (I didn't expect that).

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 03:55:07 pm »
Here's the order for Eldora.

Heat #1

Harlon Leppo 15H
Robert Stough 07
Richard Miller 38
Darrell Brown 4
Tommy Klein x
Stephen Duderstadt 39
Warren Ropp 77
Drew Higginson 02
Ben Rouster 21R
Allison Schoch 21
Steve Morgan 8M

Heat #2

Byran Nuckles 59
Sean McPherson 13
Derek Minshew 91M
Scott Gobrecht 44G
Randy Clark 5
David Bennett X2
Scott Spidle 90
Tony Monge 92
Nelson Stewart 44
Chad Earnst 85
Kyle Baugh 66

A Feature

Bryan Nuckles
Robert Stough
Sean McPherson
Matt Erich
Derek Minshew
Harlon Leppo
Darrell Brown
Richard Miller
Tommy Klein
Kyle Baugh
Chad Earnst
Stephen Duderstadt
Nelson Stewart
Warren Ropp
Scott Spidle
Ben Rouster
Randy Clark
Allison Schoch
Steven Morgan
David Bennett
Scott Gobrecht
Tony Monge
Drew Higginson

These results were taken from the Eldora website.

Offline rsrr

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:10 pm »
That finishing order is not totally correct,because Stewart crashed with 10to goand did not finish that high,don't know it the rest is correct or not

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »
Nelson Stewart and David  Bennett got together about halfway through, both into the fence, Stewart flipped. Stewart should be down near the bottom of the finishing order.
Thats all I know
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »
Ditto what Rick Miller said....Excellent show, well run, tires didn't seem to make a difference either since it was very dry slick.   Nice to to meet you both Rick and Ron.  Look forward to running with you guys in the future.  For those who have never raced there, take the opportunity when you can as it is a one of kind race track and venue with lots of history and reasonable pit pass & food cost to boot.  As far as the Nelson Steward crash, it was one of the worst Legends car crashes I've ever seen.  After flipping both end over end and side ways several times, car was wadded up so bad it looked like a ball of junk.  Cage was partially bent down on drivers side, both stubs bent, right rear end housing tube bent into a V shape,  RF suspension torn off, driveshaft and coupling sheared off engine, and most of body besides door panels missing....even dashboard was bent.  We all were just happy to see Nelson walk away, a little sore, but still smiling.   Thanks to all who showed up for coming.   Sure met a lot of nice people.   ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 08:20:31 pm »
I am gonna say the posted results from the track are not accurate. Especially since I finished 10th on track and there were dq's in front of me. From what I understood, our PA group finished like this (before dq's):
2nd  4/07- Bob Stough
5th   15- Harlon Leppo
7th   38- Rick Miller
10th  85- Chad Earnst
12th  44- Scott Gobrecht
14th  90- Scott Spidle

I guess maybe I'll find out where I finished when i recieve my payout. It sucked that friday practice was cancelled, but it was still a blast to run there.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:21 pm »
So what where the TQ s on the cars that got tech ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 10:30:39 am »
I heard rear end not 6 inch from frame and other was without Inex membership.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »
I also heard rear end and membership issues when they told me to get my car to tech.  Looking at the finishing order, one possible error is that Stewart and Gobrecht may have been switched.  Both cars were #44.  I didn't think that would happen with transponders, but it's just a thought.  Also, I liked the double file restart the way it was done, much better than that abortion that Susky tried to do and continues to try to do with their street stocks and such.  It would be cool if we could operate more like them but we would need someone to be a race director from our group and since we all race, that is pretty hard.

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 08:09:28 am »
They weren't monitoring the double files too well. They told the leader to pick a line and the 3rd, 5th, etc were to line up behind him. Both restarts I re-started in whichever lane I wanted. Since the program was rushed, I don't believe they were watching too close. After watching the videos after I got home, its amazing to see how many spots guys picked up under caution.  Since most times we were running four wide, it was hard to tell from the seat who you were racing around and therefore easier for guys to get those yellow flag passes. I would have thought (and did) that the transponders would make it easier to adjust the line-ups to the proper positions, but I don't think they cared enough to call out a change. Looking back at it now, I should have tried to pickup some spots under yellow. Probably could have had a better finish.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

anything