Author Topic: Rebuild  (Read 18532 times)

Offline Billy13

Rebuild
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
Is 600 in Charolatte still the only builder?

Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08:14 pm »
As far as I am aware, yes.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Billy13

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:47:04 am »
ok thanks, didn't know if there might have been somewhere closer to home.
Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »
Plus... You get to pay shipping both ways.
The downside to a sealed engine program.
 :-\

Steve

Offline Billy13

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »
Yeaa!!!  LOL, the other class we run is a sealed motor but there are 4-5 builders we can go to.
Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:26:11 am »
Used to be like that a few years back. Then they decided to bring everything in-house. Consistency and quality control I guess.

Steve

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »
Then they decided to bring everything in-house. Consistency and quality control I guess.

I guess in theory that sounds good, but I strongly question the quality control.  Our Bando rebuild lasted 6 races before it blew up. :(  Been running the rest of this season without a backup engine now until I can get it back up there for another complete rebuild.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline Billy13

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:14 pm »
yea well the one we are running now is 2+ years old.
Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:28 am »
I looked up how to read numbers on the engine block and ours was made by Briggs in 1999, but not sure when INEX first built it and I don't know of a way to tell that.  It still had the really old seals on it and the pistons were still the original size too so it most likely had never been rebuilt prior to us sending it in last November.  Now it will go back later this year for a second rebuild and hopefully next season it will last longer than 6 races!!!
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline dbradley

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 10:45:07 am »
How much creative engine work have you all seen at your tracks...we ran a sealed engine program in karts..there were always rumors..I saw that all the Bandos at the nationals passed tech/tear downs...just curious.
Darin

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »
Haven't really seen any of that at our track and I have only heard of stories about one of the other tracks that doesn't tech having people with unsealed engines, but haven't seen it myself.  The only performance thing we have seen people DQ'd for at our track is gas.  Apparently several cars were using something other than the pump gas from the corner gas station and got caught for it.  I think the only other DQ I know of was for thick bumper tabs and I was really shocked that wasn't a warning to fix it for the next race because that really isn't improving performance in anyway I can think of.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline CNC Motorsports

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »
Isnt the rule on fuel givin in specific gravity? .710 to .770 I believe.. Oh and I think it says 92 octane leaded or unleaded.. Am I correct?

Chad

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »
At out track the tech guy gets a sample of the 93 octane from the one gas station down the street from the track.  Everyone's needs to test the same as that after the feature or you get a DQ.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 08:08:03 pm »
9. FUEL: Only petroleum-based unleaded or leaded gasoline as defined by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) is permitted. Briggs & Stratton recommends the use of 92 octane unleaded gasoline in all Vanguard engines. Higher octane fuels can cause higher operating temperatures and reduce the running life of your engine. The only oxygenates permitted are MTBE and ethanol alcohol in the same levels as that are found in pump gasoline. INEX reserves the right to require all cars use the same brand and designated grades of gasoline in a given event.
Specific Gravity - The specific gravity must fall between .710 to .770 at 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
BANDOLEROS
Laboratory Testing - INEX has the ability to conduct laboratory analysis of fuels. Samples for lab analysis may be taken from a competitor’s fuel tank at any time at the discretion of INEX.
The specific elements which will be searched for include: propylene oxide, alcohols (all types), aldehydes, aminodiphenyl, benzene (in excess of EPA limit), benzidine, beryllium compounds, bromine compounds, butadienes, chlorinated compounds, chromates, dioxanes, ethyl acrylate, ethylene oxide, hydrazine compounds, methylene dianailine, naphthylamine, nitrogen compounds (nitromethane, et al.), styrenes, toluidine and xylidine. Also added to this list will be substances deemed to exceed the Threshold Limit Values (TLV) or Biological Exposure Indicies (BEI) as listed by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH).
Penalty for Fuel Rule Violations - Any competitor (driver and/or owner) caught using any of the illegal fuel additives as previously mentioned is subject to a minimum 60 day suspension from the date the driver is notified of the test results. Suspensions will be determined by INEX based on the chemical composition of the additive in question.
10. “LEGAL” FUEL ADDITIVES: Lubrication or knock suppression additives are permitted, provided the resulting mixture meets the specific gravity and lab analysis requirements.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 08:10:13 pm »
The fuel rule is essentially the same as Legends.
I was running Rocket 114 Octane Race Fuel on the night we got our fuel sampled, and it passed tech
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/