BANDOLEROS > Setup & Handling

Carrying LF wheel

<< < (2/4) > >>

justfreaky:
Jim,

Coilsovers in the rear and go kart type front end. These things do not normally have enough power to carry the front end too much. Not that they can't... Just not normally. Thinking his set up is way off . You would need some serious power to carry the left front through the corner.

Steve

Billy13:
Thanks for all the replies.  He handled it fine.  We ran a gear rule all year and they lifted it the last couple races to prepare for the nationals.  He just started carring it since changing gears.  It is a high banked track.

Steve I am more then happy to send you my setup to look over LOL.  About the only way to get the LF down is to stiffen the RR I am guessing.  Was also thinking that 3 wheels is less friction then 4 LOL.

justfreaky:
Would love to see your set up. As Jim mentioned, it is easier to carry the left front on a high banked track. Normally, that is not the problems that I get requests for. Most of the Bando requests are for relatively flat tracks or tracks that make an abrubt change from flat to banked.
Yes, stiffen the right rear sping to help plant the left front wheel.
Yes, it would be less friction. But, is he able to control the car with the left front wheel in the air. If yes, and he is fast; then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Steve

Billy13:
What is your email?  we where recently at a much less banked track and he still carried it.  Well was going to post a picture but can't figure it out LOL.

justfreaky:
justfreaky@3riversdbs.net

Send me the pick and I will post it for you.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version