Author Topic: what raceiver to get  (Read 5950 times)

Offline HAMMERIN101

what raceiver to get
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »
i am gona run keystone legends series in pa..what raceceiver should i by...is the one with the lap timer legal.or just the basic model ....opinions on earbuds  anyone?

Doug Hawkins #101

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: what raceiver to get
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »
The lap timer is a seperate piece, has nothing to do with the one way communications from the track. Just the basic $99.95 Raceciever is all you need. I sell them for that and include free basic earbuds and free shipping anywhere in the world. There are alot of different earbuds out there, Raceciever has 3 styles, I have 4 styles, and there are many more out there. I like the Ultimate Earbuds, custom mold them to your ears, and less than $50.00
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »
thanks Jim.......in karting i had a mychron with a bult in lap timer and my own beacon........and was wondering if the raceceiver lapceiver was kinda the same...but i guess the track has to have the becon..if i read the rules right we are not allowed and thing other than tach. oil pressure & oil temp guage  is that correct?
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
36. GAUGES: Analog Gauges that record or display the following information only are permitted -cylinder head temperature, RPM, oil pressure and oil temperature. Digital gauges are not permitted with the exception of stock gear indicators, Longacre and Intercomp lap timers, lapceivers (By RACEceivers), and Fastach Digital Tach (By SenDec, Corp.) as delivered by U.S. Legend Cars International. No other information to include, but not limited to, wheel spin, shock travel, exhaust gas temperature, throttle position or G-force, will be allowed at any time. Onboard telemetry systems are not permitted. Direct reading oil temperature and oil pressure gauges must use steel braided lines, not plastic or rubber.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:43 am »
Just the reg raceceiver like Jim said will do the job I run the keystone series, and central pa legends ,thats all you need. Vern
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:48:03 am »
thanks guys!!!
Doug Hawkins #101

anything