Author Topic: HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT preference  (Read 5506 times)

Offline HAMMERIN101

HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT preference
« on: August 25, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »
 i need a new head and neck restraint device.....what is  preferred by most drivers?    i know they are dated like seat belts.........do they expire?   i have a 10 degree seat....is seat postion a factor....all i have worn in the past is just the old style foam neck brace......lets hear some opinions!!!!

Doug Hawkins #101

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT preference
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 12:34:59 am »
Hans is of course the first one that comes to mind, but seat position is a factor with them.
NecksGen is adjustable from 10 to 40 degree.
I'm still wearing my old SRS-1, but when the helmet goes after this season, will be wearing the NecksGen of course (since I sell it).
I think every model that is out there gets the job done
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Briz81

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 09:57:21 am »
I have the Hybrid Pro Rage and like it. It's light and easy to take on and off, you can run whatever belts you want. According to the test data it provides superior side impact protection as well. When I used it last week, it was comfortable to wear strapped in the car, though it was a little tricky when trying to get out of the car with it on.

Offline Genz 39

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:02:01 am »
I have the Hybrid pro rage also.  I really like how comfortable it is, but I am concerned about getting out the the car quickly if needed.  The belts hook into it to hold it down and don't come out real easy.  I'm thinking of selling it and getting the Necks gen.

Offline Briz81

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:44 am »
FYI on the Hybrid Pro Rage, there are two versions. One that hooks into belts and  one that does not. I have the version that does not hook in the belts. My issue with getting out was that the back of  it hits my seats head support when I get out. More annoying than dangerous.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:52:48 pm »
I still use the Dfender and Love it. I still wish they made it but I heard that HANS sued them.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

FFmedic

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
I have the Defender also and love it.  I believe the Nexgen is made kind of like the defender was.

Offline slack11

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
I'll second the defender.  Have used mine for two years and Love it.  The necksgen looks just about identical to the defender with a few tweaks.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:02:27 pm »
I'll second the defender.  Have used mine for two years and Love it.  The necksgen looks just about identical to the defender with a few tweaks.

I also still use a defender. I'll agree the necksgen looks very similar.